Look To Learn – Say No To Poaching

Look To Learn

Inspiration – Act on the Feeling?

Anti Poaching rangers evacuate 4 gorillas that had been killed by poachers in the Congo.

1. What feelings do you have after seeing this picture?

2. What in the picture made you feel this way?

3. What advice would you give to the rangers who are trying to stop the poaching of these beautiful animals?

image

One thought on “Look To Learn – Say No To Poaching

1. Danielle
    September 11, 2014 at 8:51 am

Dear Mrs Joyce
    1. What feelings do you have after seeing this picture?
    I feel upset how would you feel if you we’re that gorilla he must be struggling to get out unless he is dead. the pore thing I feel so sorry for the gorilla.

2. What in the picture made you feel this way?
    Well if you we’re the gorilla you would feel frightened feel srounded and feel like something’s not right

My advice is stop poaching there are animals out there that are harmless and don’t hurt you but they have to attack to offend them selfs from who ever attacks them.

From Danielle

2. Danielle
    September 11, 2014 at 8:54 am

Dear Mrs Joyce
    1. What feelings do you have after seeing this picture?

2. What in the picture made you feel this way?

From Danielle

• Holly
      September 11, 2014 at 9:50 am

Hi Danielle,
      you’ve done an awesome job.
      I totally agree with you this poaching needs to end.

• September 18, 2014 at 9:30 am

Awesome! I love your discription! ( frightened, surrounded, struggling)

3. Holly
    September 11, 2014 at 9:48 am

Hi mrs Joyce,
    (oh no this is absolutely terrible why why are they doing this!!!)

what feelings do you have after seeing this picture?
    I am absolutely terrified, scared and upset what if they were the gorilla, how would they feel at the moment the they turned around and saw the people with there weapons there’s nothing they could do.

What in the picture made you feel this way?
    just seeing all the straps and the bamboo holding it,but just the thought of the gorilla dead and heaps of people surrounding it what does that make you think? it makes me think that the people have gone out to the jungle and finding a gorilla and saying to there self there’s a yum looking gorilla lets kill it and take it back to our town.

what advice would you give the rangers trying to stop the poaching of these beautiful animals?
    My advice to the ranges is to go to the towns that are poaching the animals and try and persuade the people to stop poaching the animals by getting a few people from there country and go around putting posters up and then do a night where they have to try and get people to come, and actually show them what’s happening.

• Emmi
      September 18, 2014 at 9:27 am

WOW! You’ve done a great job! I love the way you said to imagine turning around to see people armed with wepons ready to kill you and there’s nothing you could do to protect yourself. ( even though it is so upsetting )

4. Eathan
    September 15, 2014 at 4:50 am

1.Sad because it has bean killed.
    2.seeing the dead animal tied to the wood.
    3.say at the bosh and guard.

5. Jordan
    September 15, 2014 at 4:54 am

1.what feelings do you have after seeing this picture? It make me feel blue,down but why did They do that?

• Emmi
      September 18, 2014 at 9:16 am

Hi, Jordan, 🙂
      You’ve done a great job!
      Most people poach to get bit of animals to sell at the Black Market but lots of them do it to get money to buy their family clothing and food because they are poor but I still think they could find a different way to make a living instead of killing unique animals.

6. Emmi
    September 18, 2014 at 9:05 am

Hi, Mrs Joyce, 🙂
    1.) This makes me feel sad and disappointed, I feel disappointed because of human nature, how can people feel cruel enough to kill a precious piece of nature just for money that will most likely go to wasteful reasons. How would you feel if your whole population was been killed? I feel especially sad because the gorilla in the picture was the silver-back which is pretty much the father of a group of gorillas.
    Emmi,

• September 19, 2014 at 11:21 pm

Hi Emmi, 🙂
      You have done a great job.
      I cant believe that some people do it ether it’s terrible all
      the gorilla wants is the same as them, life and family he’s probably just as scared of them as they are of it.
      Keep the great work up.

7. shaheer \]\\d\
    September 22, 2014 at 5:13 am

i feel very disappointed because the people are killing the human nature..

8. shaheer adam
    September 22, 2014 at 5:13 am

i feel very disappointed because the people are killing the human nature

9. February 19, 2015 at 3:46 am

I think I should say no to poach a gorilla when 4 gorillas had been killed by poaches for gorillas that is really bad to poach animals. From Tamara.