image image imagePlaygrounds Around The World

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in?  Explain why?

Look at all the pictures on the websites to make your choices

One thought on “Playgrounds Of Schools Around The World – Look, Learn, Think Critically and Comment

1. Holly
    September 30, 2014 at 1:44 am

hi mrs Joyce,
    1)Which picture surprised you the most that kids playgrounds are different in many ways?
    (are these actually playgrounds?)
    I was surprised by the first and second picture.
    the first picture- the reason I was surprised was because theres nothing to really to play on, for example at our school we have slides, monkey-bars, rock walls and lots of other things like sand pits. the second picture- the reason I was surprised about the second picture is because there isn’t a lot of room and the only thing to climb and play on is the conkreat hole and the circle thing the kids are standing on.(theres no grass, trees or any life other than the children.

2. Holly
    September 30, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    2)Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.
    ground-solid, tough, hard core. elephant hard and compacted.
    surroundings-Old, lonely, graffitied, misty, closed in by buildings, concrete/ objective.
    playground-concreted, aged basket-ball ring, kids in bright blue clothes.
    i’ll add more later (:

October 6, 2014 at 7:22 am

1. the first one in Kenya, Japan I was surprised that they could even play outside because their playground was just the ground and school

2. the words I found in my mind is breathtaking, plantless, playful and surprised

3. I will go to the 2nd Kenya,Japan one because there are many things I think I can do

4. October 6, 2014 at 8:52 pm

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?

• October 9, 2014 at 9:46 am

The picture that surprised me the most was
      Likoni school for the blind
      Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya because it had heaps of playground equipments in it.

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.
      I see a white building with pink stairs atched to it.

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?
      I would choose the Likoni school for the blind
      Likoni, Mombasa, Kenya because it has some playground equipments like some swings and my favourite play equipment is swings.

5. Holly
    October 7, 2014 at 2:58 am

Hi mrs Joyce,
    3)Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?
    I would play in the one in Kenya because it looks quite fun and it’s the only one with actual play equipment but I would also like to go to the one in Japan because number one it’s a girl school and second of all it open and free 🙂

6. Emmi
    October 7, 2014 at 8:50 am

Hi, Mrs Joyce, 🙂
    1.) One of the pictures that I was suprised at was the last picture, the Royal ballet school which is in London a very advanced country only has long streches of grass and and soccer goals!
    The other one was the very first picture the Paso Payita school where they only have sandy desert
    like stretches of land.
    2.)(The picture I’m describing is the school in Tokyo, Japan) Long streching area of light green grass with a few thick trunked trees surrounded by tall white school buildings.
    3.) I think the school playground I like best is the one in Monserrat because it looks over the sea, has beautiful trees including palms and everyone has a friend. 😉
    Emmi,

• Holly
      October 9, 2014 at 2:42 am

Hi Emmi
      I like the one in Montserrat as we’ll it is the only one that has real good equipmentand as you said it looks over the sea and has good trees that have a lot of shade. Great job i like your work 🙂

7. nick
    October 8, 2014 at 8:54 am

They don’t have any footballs or soccer balls and no slids
    the ather one has nothing but a pit
    one of the pichars thay are all in growps of 234s
    the second one because it has a bit more stuffe in the yard

8. nick
    October 8, 2014 at 8:56 am

thanks for the homework

9. Emilyr
    October 8, 2014 at 10:08 am

Hello Mrs Joyce,

1) the playground that surprised me the most was the first picture, it has no fences and is open but in saying that all 3 pictures surprised me with how they are all bare with hardly any or no play equipment.

2) the second picture descriptive words: concrete, brick walls, closed in, cold, hard, surrounded, buildings, uniformed children

3) the playground I would choose to p,as in would have to be the last as it is the only one with equipment to use the basketball ring and I can see a frame the children are hanging off which is something to play on also

10. James
    October 8, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Q1 – The picture that surprised me the most was the one of the Likoni school for the blind, they have lots of play equipment and work together to help each other, the look to be having lots of fun.

Q2 – The Bhakta Vidyashram School in Kathmandu shows the children playing together in a playground that is paved with hard stone, there is no play equipment for the children to play on, there is a pit in the middle of the play area, you can see a teacher walking through carrying a rug. The playground appears small in size and is surrounded by tall older style buildings that a crumbling and have parts missing from them.

Q3 – I would like to go and play at the Likoni school for the blind, as this school has nice play equipment and the children look nice and friendly and seem to play together well, I like that they help one another and it has lovely views of the water where you can see the boats go by.

• Harry
      October 9, 2014 at 2:56 am

Q1. What playground suprises you the most? The Kenya to japan art… Playground because I’ve never seen a playground anything like it also that it’s est. a town I’ve never seen children play at school in the town kinda thing also many children are not in a group. Number2
      Q2. Describe a picture in Descriptive language: I say that this veiw is nurturing and the fun and joy is so optormistic and wonderful and totally worthwhile./number1
      Q3. I would say number3 because it is fantastically creative of energetic games and artful colour

11. Xbraidz
    October 9, 2014 at 2:40 am

The first one because it has no equipment in it.
    The third one has a wooden basketball ring with a sandy floor
    The first one because it has lots of room too run around in it

12. Cara
    October 9, 2014 at 2:45 am

1. The picture that surprised me was the second one because I was looking at the bottom of the picture and I saw a kid hanging over this thing and it looked steep.
    2. The picture is bright as the sun, it is as dusty as sand, it is soraunded by tones of buildings, it is a small area and it is dangerous.
    3. I would like to play in the second one because it’s not somewhere in the desert or somewhere where people can fight I would just like to be somewhere where is is a perfect place but isn’t to dangerous or to hot and dusty.

13. October 9, 2014 at 2:50 am

1. The most surprising school for me was the Royal Ballet School in London because it’s a very advance type of country and the school just had grass and soccer goals.
    2. Paso Payita basically all desert. It’s sandy and has a few little buildings in the background.
    3. I would choose the school in Tokyo because there’s no boys and I’d love to see what they have at that school.

14. Deegan
    October 9, 2014 at 2:51 am

Hi mrs Joyce 1 well the one that suprised me the most was Kenya and Japan one because there’s is just a basketball court and it’s teenagers. 2 it’s dirty it’s and itś people are fighting there ganging up other people. 3 the play ground that I would play on is the second one there not ganging up one people fighting there just doing there own thing.

15. Andrew
    October 9, 2014 at 2:52 am

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 ArialMT;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\sl360\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf2 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \shad\shadx0\shady-20\shadr0\shado115 \shadc0 This year we have been learning about many elements of schools around the world. Becky Morales from Kid World Citizen has shared another great story for us to take a look at.\
    \
    1. Which picture surprised you the most that kids playgrounds are different in many ways?\
    \
    \
    I think that the top is different to the seconded one because the second one has different school.\
    \
    2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.\
    The japan school is very detailed it has the best school hut. \
    I think that it is better than the top school. \
    \
    3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?\
    I wood play in the japan playground because there no monkey bars and slid.\
    \
    \
    Look at all the pictures on the websites to make your choices \
    Done that. From andrew\
    }

16. Max
    October 9, 2014 at 2:53 am

I like the 2 one because it hase no play ground and it is vere small and the kid cont askap and run home.

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.
    Small,Hurd,coler,un happy,

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?
    Liddiard rd ps play ground because it hase a play grownd.

17. Kane
    October 9, 2014 at 2:54 am

Hi Mrs Joyce
    Q1 what surprised me the most
    The army school because it had a helicopter and thy had games such as chess.

Q2 describ there language
    Playing together as friends there all friends.

Q3 I would like to play on the Paso Payita because there lost of play equipment.

By Kane

18. Alex
    October 9, 2014 at 2:54 am

The one that surprised me was the second one in Japan which has nothing there but recked concrete, roofs and a rectangle hole.

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.
    The one that I’m choosing is the first one. It is hilly,enormous,green,brown,steep,dusty and there is lots of sandy coloured bricks

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?
    I chose the likoni school for blind because it has a lovely big playground a peaceful lake and lots of room to play and to talk and have fun with your friend.

19. Leah4j
    October 9, 2014 at 2:56 am

1.The first picture picture the children have no equipmentat all. the third picture they have a basket ball ring and a climbing thing that looks like a soccer ball goal. the second picture has what looks like mats to drag each other on.
    2. The first on look dusty dirty and insucure. The second one looks secure because of the adult with a rug on his shoulder. The third on looks secure and dirty.
    3. The Hong Kong school because it looks more curtral school and have more things to do.

20. Danielle
    October 9, 2014 at 2:57 am

Dear mrs Joyce,

Thay all supprized me but the main one that supprized me was the second pitcher because it looks dangerous what if someone banged there head on the hard concrete and there is no grass.

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language
    Hard,dangerous,small

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?
    I choose the bottom pitcter because there is grass and mor room

21. October 9, 2014 at 2:57 am

1. Which picture surprised you the most that kids playgrounds are different in many ways.

2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language.

3. Which school playground would you choose to play in? Explain why?

Look at all the pictures on the websites to make your choices.

22. Jordan
    October 9, 2014 at 3:04 am

1.which picture surprised you the mots that kids playground are different in many ways? That They have no football no soccer ball no swings no Mickey bars.
    2. Describe one of the pictures with descriptive language. I see a rectangle hall. I see a broken roof .
    3. Whi