Josh Brake Founder of Kutoa Foundation Reaches Out To Mrs Joyce

This morning I checked the blog to find a message that makes me so proud to be a teacher. Josh Brake the founder of an absolutely inspirational foundation left me a message. I would like to personally thank Josh because it is people collaborating together that we can work toward helping every child get an education in the world. I would encourage everyone to check out Josh’s foundation website and get involved.
This is the message that brought tears to my eyes so early in the morning.

Hi Mrs. Joyce.

the second picture inspired me to reach out. “Don’t be afraid to take risks. Just do it!”

That statement would summarize what my wife and I ventured to do about 2 years ago when we launched Kutoa (a Swahili word which means, to give).

It’s a simple idea that has found a real connection point with students & educators.

Here’s a quick video that explains what we’re about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTCYFDWOYLI

We now have members in 113 countries and are launching a classroom component that will allow students to have a voice in where Kutoa grants funds each month and well as invite others to join through social media and track their impact individually and as a class/school.

We are all volunteers that run Kutoa and have begun following trails of new potential networks and your bog (and you behind it) was something that came up as something I think could be a real fit.

I’d like to see us include your blog in our weekly email that goes out to people all over the world and see if there was a time that, after you learned a bit more about Kutoa through the links, if we could connect (Skype? – I’m located in Canada)) and see if there’s something more to be had, that would be great.

Here’s a link to our classroom component: https://www.kutoa.org/classrooms

And (finally!)…here’s a free subscription (donated by one of our members) so that you can see what we’re about in realtime.

Just click on the link and you’ll be able to see your projects and vote. 🙂

Thanks for taking the time to read this and know that I’m inspired by the way you are inspiring others – including your students! What a wonderful impact you are having!

Josh Brake Kutoa Founder

One thought on “Josh Brake Founder of Kutoa Foundation Reaches Out To Mrs Joyce

1. Xbraidz
    October 5, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Kutoa is a web-based global philanthropic foundation that’s enabling people to give the equivalent of $1 Canadian dollar per month to a different humanitarian cause.

Kutoa has partnered with W.T.P (World Food Project) to battle world hunger and to keep children healthy. This organisation has saved the lives of many refugees and poor children across the globe.

Kutoa has partnered with world medic to create a well that brings water to 50 families.

2. James
    October 5, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Dear Josh,
    Thank you for visiting our blog I’ve learnt that kutoa gets people to donate 1 dollar to the people that needs it I like that you help people by getting people to donate to them our blog is important to me because we can connect to poeple all around the world our goal for the blog is it hit 100,000 hits because we get a class party. We hope to talk to you on Skype.
    From James.

3. EmilyR
    October 5, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Dear josh thank you for visiting our blog I learnt that Kutoa is the globalisation of hope. I like that you enjoy going on our blog. Our blog is important to me because it lets us coney with people all around the world. Our goal for our blog is to reach a hundred thousand points on the blog so we can have a class party. We hope we can talk to you on Skype from EmilyR.

October 5, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Dear Josh
    I’ve learnt that Kutoa is a web based foundation that is giving $1 per month to different people around the world.
    Our blog is special to me because it teachers me new links that I never new of and Our blog goal is to reach 100,000 hits for a class party hope to see you on Skype.

From Liam Hibbins

5. Xbraidz
    October 5, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Dear Josh,
    I’ve learnt that Kutoa has partnered with W.F.P to battle world hunger and keep children healthy.
    I like that partners with other organisations.
    Our blog is important to me because we can learn new things and look at new websites.
    Our goal is to reach 100,000 hits because we get to have a cool party.
    We hope to see you on Skype.
    Sincerely Braiden

6. Emmi
    October 5, 2014 at 11:46 pm

Dear Josh, Thank you so much for posting on our blog ,your comment was much appreciated . 🙂 I’ve learnt that every month Kutoa partners with a different humanitarian organisation which comes up with three projects to put donations to. I like that the work you do supports how everyone is of equal value and gives to different communities bringing hopes cross the globe. 😉 Our blog is important to me because it is global and inspires people about education. Our remarkable goal is to reach 100,000 hits by the end of the year!!! We hope to Skype you soon! Emmi, 4j 🙂

7. Kane
    October 5, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Dear Josh
    Thank you for visiting our blog.
    I learn’t that Kutoa is partnered with a charity for a month.
    I like that you help other charity’s out.
    Our blog is important to me because we set challenges.
    Our goal is to reach100,000 hits.
    We hope to see you later on Skype.
    From Kane.

8. Deegan Boucher
    October 5, 2014 at 11:47 pm

DEAR JOSH

Thank you for visiting our blog. I’ve learnt that Kutoa helps the other people in need.
    I like you travel around the world to find out what other countries help by deegan

9. Harry
    October 5, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Dear john
    I’ve learnt that kutoa means give & helps people from across the world in desprete needs of variraties
    I’ve learnt that this website helps the desperate people and it fights for you to donate & vote
    Our classroom blog goal for 2014 is to reach 100.00
    I hope we can Skype you
    From Harry

10. Alex
    October 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Josh,
    Thank you for visiting our blog it has been a pleasure talking to you.
    I’ve learnt that Kutoa means (a Swahili word which means to give I like that you travel the world to help people and sometimes rescue them.Our blog is important to me because it gets you to be free and let’s you explore the wonders of the world also it helps you learn and actually teaches how to use a blog and make wonder and wright heroic things.Our goal for our blog is to reach 100,000 hit by the end of the year and if we do reach 100,000 hits we get to have a part with balloons,a cake with 100,000 on it,casual clothes,movies and food aswell.

We hope to talk to you on
    Skype so goodbye for now.
    From Alexandra Bradbury

11. Holly
    October 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Dear:Josh,
    I’ve learnt that kutoa means to give in Swahili and that kutoa is a web page based on enableing people to donate a dollar per month to give to different humanitarian causes.
    I like that you traveled around the world to India and went to a home for girls and then went to Pakistan and met a slave that has to build bricks, and then you struck a thought and told your wife and agreed commit your savings to a foundation called kutoa to help others.
    Our is important to me because we can connect with others from around the world but most other people from around the world.
    Our goal for our blog is to reach 100,000 hits by the end of the year.

We hope to talk to you on Skype.
    Hope to talk to you soon from holly 🙂

12. October 5, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Dear Josh
    Thank you for visiting our blog. I learnt that the word kutoa means to give and I also learnt that kutoa is a philanthropic foundation that’s enabling people to give the equivalent of $1 Canadian money per month.
    From Charli

13. Leah 4j
    October 5, 2014 at 11:50 pm

Dear josh,
    Thank you for visiting our blog (4j) I learnt that kutoa is a globalisation of hope. I like this months partner World.Food.Program.our blog is important to me because it teaches us how to use technology and discover the world. our goal for our blog is to reach 100,000so we can have a party casual clothes ,cake that says100,000 and we can watch movies your sincerely Leah .r

14. jenifer
    October 5, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Dear Josh,
    Thank you for visiting our blog.

15. Abbie
    October 5, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Dear Josh
    I’ve learnt that kutoa is aiding children around the world.
    I like you are able tho help people around the world.
    Our blog is important to me because we get to learn to learn new things that we are interested in.
    Our goal for our blog is too get to 100,000 by the end ot the year so the we can have a huge party.
    We hope to talk to you on Skype. From Abbie Rose

16. Max
    October 5, 2014 at 11:51 pm

Dear josh

Thank you for visiting our blog.
    I’ve learnt that kutoa has 57 million primary schools.
    I like that you have learnt information from other people.
    Our blog is in potent to me because we cane sher our werke with other people.
    Our goal for our our blog is to resh 100,000 hits on the blog.
    We hope to talk to you on Skype
    From max.m

17. Nick
    October 5, 2014 at 11:53 pm

Dear josh thank you for being on our blog

18. Danielle
    October 5, 2014 at 11:54 pm

Dear josh,
    I like that you are very smart and know a lot and the fact that you help people

From Danielle

19. Jordan
    October 5, 2014 at 11:55 pm

Dear josh thank you for visiting our blog. I’ve learnt that kutoa help people that are starving for food and have a home. I like that people are not dying and now thay have a future. Our blog is important to me because if we did not have it we will not now about country. Our goal for our blog is to get 100,000 like. We hope to talk to you on Skype form Jordan

20. Kaiden
    October 5, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Dear sir Josh, thank you very much for visiting our blog.I hope you learnt a lot from our blogLike we’ve learnt from you.I have learnt that the queen of Jordan has cheered many country’s.I like that you have learnt in formation and you are sharing it with us.This blog is important to me because we learn suff and you do to.I hope we all see you on Skype it would be good to see you face to face see you on Skype hopefully.
    By Kaiden.

21. Emily B
    October 5, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Dear Josh,
    Thank you for visiting our blog. It is a pressure. (4J) I’ve learnt that kutoa that is a lot of counties are smuggling for food and water. I like that you are helping and saving a lot of children’s and adults and teenagers to also I like how you are running kutoa and helping fundraising food and water in a lot of different ways.
    From Emily B

22. October 7, 2014 at 11:45 pm

Wow! Thank you all SOOOOO much for your comments. They were both encouraging and insightful. I can tell that you are taking your learning seriously and are poised to make a real global difference!

I’m not sure when your school year ends in Australia (in Canada our school year runs from September to June) but I do hope you reach your goal of 100,000 hits. That would be very exciting!

I will arrange a time with your teacher when I can visit your class. It’s a little far for me to travel so we’ll have to make our time together one via Skype. Isn’t it amazing to see how connected we really can be and the impact we can make when we work together!

Here’s a link to Kutoa’s latest weekly email – you made it in. (woo-hoo!)

All the best,