Homework Week 2 Term 4 – Place Yourself In Someone Else’s Shoes

Gaza – Look to Learn

Palestinian boy looks out from the remains of his imagefamilies home in east of Gaza City.

1. Where to for this boy now?

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?

One thought on “Homework Week 2 Term 4 – Place Yourself In Someone Else’s Shoes

1. Regan
    October 21, 2014 at 2:47 am

He will head to find a new home
    Thee could but it would take a long time
    See a write ned mess I once called home and new I’m lost
    Fell the grease go along my arm i can fell the spirits call me help
    Hear moutheres cal out for Thera children wears my mum!
    Taste the shearling ash in my mouth as my tong is dealing like it has bean poisoned
    Smell a smell that is un forgetabul smell like a dead animals .

2. Andrew
    October 21, 2014 at 2:53 am

I think that the boy will haveto be adopted because of the house

I think that of they rebuild the house it will be ever dangers because of metal
    And steel if someone get,s cut they will get sick.
    Iam alon were do I go I here moning and Groningen because cuts.
    Briks are falling like ashtrods crashing in to the earth.
    I see mud all over the wall glass is ckaterd all over the grond.
    The dirty dust that makes uss vomit and coughs.the dirty sliver that
    Is dribbling in my throat.

3. Leah
    October 21, 2014 at 2:58 am

The boy looks like a orphan so I recon he needs to find a new house and family
    No it wouldn’t be safe he could set off to find a new family
    I see taco boxes,a boy,a sandwich,cinder blocks 4 wrappers,a squashed up coke can, water Boxes a red mat

4. Kaiden
    October 21, 2014 at 3:00 am

1. I think the boy should he’d off to a place where he knows is safe or a perfect hiding place where he would be able to eat and stay safe.
    2. I think that his poor family could rebuild by finding very very usefull scrapes of bricks bits of strong iron or steel shed to cover gaps for the roof or for bits of wall to keep excruciatingly terraforming pest out of the house to keep yourself safe and protected.
    3. Here I am in my ribbled up crusty old house,
    In fright because all I see is terror and screams injuries every where I have no where to go and I see boxes rubbish bullet wholes all over my house distroying walls causing kayos all happening all around me oh gosh what will happen to me next will I. Be injured or horror end any more?Im feeling fright horror terrible bad memories in my head that catches every thing that I see in my head. Wharf will happen to me?I here screams off wounds being made fright of terror to us survillians faces being made by terrible people.I taste the dust of bullets being made as they storm through my walls as fast as ever.I smell the dirt swaing through the air into my nostrells being disgusted and being killed by the horrible smell.I wish that there was never a war I wish that there was never a horrible disgraceful war in my part of my country it’s running my life.
    By kaiden.

• kaiden platt
      October 22, 2014 at 2:45 am

Dear Mrs Joyce im realy sure that youll be happy with my home work
      but i really hope i win the chocolate challenge please make me win well im sorry but
      you dont have to if you want.

See you later Mrs Joyce
      sorry for disturbing you to.

5. October 21, 2014 at 3:02 am

I think the boy is felling sad and measurable the boy will have to move some where els if he can’t find any where he might have to sleep in a bush I think. I wonder if he has other family?
    I think the family will have to buy a new house because it look react it’s is not safe because he could get kidnap and the other people will feel horrible because there kid is gone. I felt good be for when I had a family but now I fell died inside I see all of the builts that have gone straight thowe my house and all the meatle scrounging me as go to check if any one els is a live I hear all moning of other people and the screaming of other people I can smell all the smoke I taste the wood in my mouth.

6. Harry
    October 21, 2014 at 3:03 am

1. Where to for this boy now? He may go to his parents or go to a refuge camp or he may stay we’re he is and get educated as much as possible

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe? No it wouldn’t be safe & his family they could go to a refugee camp

7. Max
    October 21, 2014 at 3:05 am

1. Where to for this boy now?
    I think the boy will go to another home

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?
    I think the boy will rey billed the family. I think it mit not be danger res.

3. Place yourself in the boys shoes, write a snapshot – What would you see, feel, hear, taste, and smell. I world feel stone on the ground as I work and look at my home and I taste the dustey air
    I ken hear buildings braking on to the ground and I ken smell the smoke in the air.

8. alex4j
    October 21, 2014 at 9:15 am

Hello Mrs Joyce,
    1. Where to for this boy now?
    The boy might go live with his gran parents while they fix the boy’s house. The boy might go to a safer country to live where there is no war.

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?
    They can save up money by getting a job, doing a yard sale, selling there car, motorbike, scoter or bike. It will not be safe because you don’t have good resources and tools.

I see a smoky foggy sky dusty dirty ground sharp pointy bricks and other terrifying and dangerous things. I taste the disgusting smoke going through my dry mouth I taste the polluted air going through my lungs. I feel the dust and dirt going past and on my body I feel the wind rushing against my body too. I smell the polluted air I smell the smoke passing my good looking nose I smell the burnt fire as it is out of control trying to come towards me. I hear the crackling braking sound when I walk and I also hear the loud frustrating wind swoosh every where.

• Liam
      October 21, 2014 at 9:22 am

Nice work alex keep up the great work

• kaiden platt
      October 22, 2014 at 2:47 am

Wow Alex you put alot of effert in that
      great JOB!

• October 23, 2014 at 8:29 pm

Hi Alex,
      I love your work,
      I think you have done a great job.i like how your snapshot pece.
      Great work keep it up 🙂

October 21, 2014 at 9:21 am

1. Where to for this boy now?

the next step for this boy is to find a beautiful home for him were nothing dangerous could happen to this Gaza boy.

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?

the family could rebuild by adding a new door painting it again and erasing some bricks and No it wouldn’t be safe because if they take out the wrong brick it could all collapse on them.

Here I am In my home in Gaza hmm!

I see My white that looked like a bomb shell hit it

I feel the smooth wind that feel’s abandoned

I hear the Peaceful breeze that blows through my hair

I taste The last of my sugary food hitting my Hungry chain

I smell the crumbs of the sugary food that I was dieing to have.

From Liam

• kaiden platt
      October 22, 2014 at 2:49 am

Deaer liam some of those
      diddnt make any sence
      check your work next time
      no effence what so ever.

10. cara
    October 21, 2014 at 8:53 pm

1. I suggest she should go somewhere where it’s peace and quiet and no dangerous things can happen and find a family that doesn’t have a broken down house and live with them.
    2. I think the family could grab as much of the stone things in the corner of the picture and just pill them up just behind the little boy and leave a door space for them to get in and out.

• October 23, 2014 at 8:23 am

Hi, Cara, 🙂
      I really agree with you the he should somewhere peaceful but (and I don’t mean to discourage your work.) where will he get the money?

11. kaiden platt
    October 22, 2014 at 2:52 am

Hello Mrs Joyce its me again i
    hope you dont mind me giving advice
    and comments on the blog again.
    See yah again.

12. jordan
    October 22, 2014 at 2:56 am

1. Where to for this boy now? he would go and find a now home and out fo the wre and be happy for good.

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe? they could re build the house out fo left over junk and it will kill tham because it will be upset and thay would have no home.

3. Place yourself in the boys shoes, write a snapshot – What would you see, feel, hear, taste, and smell. I am looking for a touchdown piece of writing to share with some of my international teacher friends. i would feel not happy.

13. kaiden platt
    October 22, 2014 at 2:56 am

Sorry every one and liam my comment doesnt make sense
    eather im so sorry.

14. deegz
    October 22, 2014 at 2:57 am

1. Where to for this boy now? well he could help people build there house back

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe? they could re build the house from the junk thats left over. no it wont be safe because they could get badly hurt or they could die.

3. Place yourself in the boys shoes, write a snapshot – What would you see, feel, hear, taste, and smell. I am looking for a touchdown piece of writing to share with some of my international teacher friends. i feel hurt i have no place to sleep or no home what do we do i hear people picking up the junk from the war i tast the dusty air flowing thru my mouth i see all the smashed up bricks and stuff flying thru the air. i smell smoke from the burnt clothes that have been left at the houses 😦

15. October 22, 2014 at 8:42 pm

3. If I was the little boy I would see broken down houses, stone bricks everywhere, dust and tiny rocks and the misty dark blue sky. If I was the little boy I would feel depressed because my house is broken, exposed to danger and upset. If I was the little boy I would hear birds swakling and the wind picking up the dust and moving it. If I was the little boy I would taste the discussing dust going past my face suliver flowing through my mouth. If I was the little boy I would smell the smell less wind and the dust as it pases my face.

16. October 23, 2014 at 8:41 am

Hi, Mrs Joyce! 🙂
    I hope your feeling better! :/

1. Maybe he has relatives that will look after him and has enough money to give him an education so he can eventually get a job to earn enough money to buy or build a house of his own? Or maybe he will travel with a known friend or relative who knows the way to a refuge camp?

I’m sorry I cannot finish my homework I am feeling sick and tired I will have to miss out on the game tomorrow . 😦
    I hope we both start feeling better!

17. October 23, 2014 at 9:04 am

Hi mrs Joyce,
    I’m at granny’s so ill try an do question one and 2 🙂

1.Where to for this boy now?

I think that the boy will go outside and have a look around to see if he can find anything that he used to own and then he’ll gang out with his mum and dad an see what there doing and if he can hel out to make there life Easyer and then when he goes to bed he sits at the window and watches the sun go down as he thinks about tomorrow.

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?

I think that the family should rebuild but at another place in gaza because the family would have to re-build anyway an If they were to re build they would be a bit more safe and might have a better chance of a better life:)

18. Emily B
    October 23, 2014 at 9:09 am

Hi mrs Joyce,
    1. Where to for this boy now?
    I think that the boy is going to go to a spot we he can get away from the wars and become a person he wants to be.

2. How could the family rebuild?Would it be safe?
    I think that they should not build any thing because of all the wars happening and because he will be safe and maybe after the hole war is done. They mite go outside of there house and fix the hole town and make a hole city.

If I was him I would see people starting a war and wanting to duck down and make sure that I don’t get killed or hurt.

19. kane
    October 23, 2014 at 9:36 am

Hi Mrs Joyce.

1. Where to for this boy?
    I think he’s going to find a new place to stay .

2. How could the family rebuild? Would it be safe?
    They could rebuild the house from the junk that has been left over. It would be hard because they do not have many tools and materials.
    No it wont be safe because they would have no where to stay at night until they finish rebuilding and it might still be a dangerous place to live.

3. I would feel cold at night because I have no roof and 2 walls. I would also feel sad and scared that something could happen to me or my family or friends.
    I would see a wrecked house that needs fixing and I smell lots of dust from the dusty old house that has collapsed.
    I taste the dusty air from the rocks and stones that people have been trampling on.
    I hear everyone talking about my wrecked house without a roof, walls and windows.

20. Danielle
    October 23, 2014 at 9:43 am

1.Where to for this boy now?
    It looks like a war has happen, I feel sad as he is all alone with no family.
    Hopefully there is a refuge for him to go to or a place that can help him find a new family to adopt him.

2.How can the family rebuild?
    If the family is safe and the war is over the community,friends and family can all support each other to build a new homes.

3. Place yourself in the boys shoes.Write a snapshot what would you see, feel ,hear,taste,smell.
    My life I would be so scared,I am so devastated and sad looking around my house, my home it is destroyed,I have no one. I can hear crying ,screaming I feel empty as there is nothing left as I don’t feel as I belong.I can smell the dust and the burning steel,I can taste it in my mouth as well.

From Danielle

21. James
    October 23, 2014 at 9:54 am

1. He would be looking for a new home because the house he is in is broken down and there is not much of the house is broken because of the war.

2. They would be able to rebuild their house but it would not be safe to rebuild the house.

3. I would see a lot of broken houses,I would feel sad that my house would be broken,I would hear gun shots in the distance which would make me worried,I would taste the polluted air and smoke,I would smell the gas and other things.