As the world learns about the heroic story of Malala, young girl named Nabila who traveled from a small village in Paksitan to America to meet with congress. She just wanted to show the world the face of innocence. Even though only a few listened to her story. Today a group of 9/10 year olds listened in our classroom and we believe she is a hero and we all feel proud of her bravery to just share her story about the values of life.
As I listen to my students work today, tears well up in my eyes. I am so proud of their empathy and that feels towards others. Most of all I believe each one of them can follow their dreams and be an inspiration to others.

IMG_5800.PNG

One thought on “Nabila A True Hero: Read Comments From 9/10yr olds That Brought Their Teacher to Tears

October 21, 2014 at 11:17 pm

How is Malala different to everyone else?

Malala is’nt different to everyone else because I’m like Malala!
    Wanting a better life Is all I want! She’s brave she’s caring to other’s just like me!
    I want a good job, education and future just like her and my great grandmother!

• October 21, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Well done Liam. What future did your great grandmother have?
      From Braiden

2. Kaiden
    October 21, 2014 at 11:20 pm

Malala is different because she was hurt she was rushed to hospital but she kept on trying like a wonderful brave hero who cares and believes in her self but she isn’t exactly different because she wants a great education I want a great education she wants a good job I want a good job just like her. But the thing that makes her different is that she is a brave hero and a positive girl but more positive and more brave than us. But if we’re brave and positive like her we may become a hero too.

• October 21, 2014 at 11:35 pm

Well done Kaiden. Very very deep. Keep up the good work.
      From Braiden

3. Alex4j
    October 21, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Hello Mrs Joyce,
    How is Malala different to anyone else?

Malala is not different to anyone else be sides our country. Because she is a normal fine caring lovely girl and she is not different to anyone else because even I could be brave, heroic, confident and a survivor if I wanted to be. Malala is not different to Nabila as well because Nabila is doing the exact same thing that Malala nearly but only 5 out of 430 people listened why, Just because Nabila isn’t injured doesn’t mean she is not hurt in the heart by feelings so why isn’t Nabila getting attention.

4. October 21, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Malala is no different to anyone else. Everyone’s human and we all deserve an education because a good education leads to a bright future. She wants a job and I want a job. Who doesn’t want a job.

5. Andrew
    October 21, 2014 at 11:32 pm

How is malala different to ever one else because malala is the same to some people.
    People think they are haveing a hard life. Malala has the worst time of her head
    injury.

Is Nabila a hero yes because is went all the way to America only only 5 out of 430
    It was disappointing because nabila,s grandmother got killed.
    From Andrew
    It is sad!

6. James
    October 21, 2014 at 11:34 pm

1. How is malala different to everyone else?
    She is different to the others in her country but she is not different to others in the world, she is brave because she was helping other girls to get a education Malala is not different to me because I want to get a good future and go as far as in education because it would help me get a job.

2.is nabila a hero and why?
    She is a hero because she went over seas to talk to the American government about what did her grandmother do to deserve her fate? that with her dad she is also a hero because she wanted to say there is a lot of people in her country who are good people.

7. Holly
    October 21, 2014 at 11:37 pm

How is Malala different to everyone els?
    Malala is as much like an nabilia as she is to everyone els. So why is malalas story out in the making her more famous by the day and nabalias story only got 5 out of 430 people to listen.I value education as much as I can and so does a lot of other people like nabilia.but why did people listen to malala and not to nabalia is it because malala had an injury? and is now fighting to get all the girls in Pakistan and other countries a good education. Well nabalia is hurt in her heart and I believe that is just as powerful as being hurt physically. Education is as much apart of malala as it is to me and a nabilia and I believe that a nabilia has the right to have as many people listen to her as malala.

8. October 21, 2014 at 11:38 pm

1. How is Malala different from everyone else? Malala is different because she wanted to have an education and went when she wasn’t allowed but she’s not that different from me because I want a good education and a good job too. Malala is not different from everyone for example I’ve split my head open before but anyway she isn’t different because she has lots of people who care about her.

October 21, 2014 at 11:39 pm

2.I observe that Malala is a confident girl
    I wounded How Malala won the novel peace prize
    I infer that some day someone will take over being a role model for the novel peace prize.

10. Jordan
    October 21, 2014 at 11:39 pm

1. How is Malala different to everyone else? That she is going to have a good future like job’s,life. So Malala and people and different and not different too some.
    2. Is she different? Yes and no because I what a good future like a good job and education.
    3.is Nabila hero? Yes,no. Why? Because she is a lovey girl and need a good future.

11. Kaiden
    October 21, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Nabila is a hero because there was a surprising war on but her grandmother didn’t survive but her and her father decided to go to America and talk to them with no frustration or anger just to ask them a question calmly. And that was what she asked ‘What did my grandmother do? All Nabila wants is beautiful world peace for citizens of her country and others. But only five out of 430 people cared but standing up like that and still speaking proud with only 5 people caring that just makes her a very proud hero.

12. Deegz deegan
    October 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Malala is not different because she wants to have a good education I want a good education she wants a good job I want a good job were the same I can be a hero if I want Were no different.

Nabila is a hero because she went to America just to tell her story no anger it really sucks she came all this way and only 5 out of 430 listened and malalas story every one listened to her is it because she got injured well Nabila was hurt her Grandmother pastaway I wonder how they would feel if that happened to them

13. Danielle
    October 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm

Hello Mrs Joyce

1. How is malala different to everyone else?
    Malala is a hero but she is no different to me or anyone else because most people would love their children to get an education in then the future. We all are the same as Malala we should support every child in the world to have a dream of what they want to do when they grow up

From Danielle

14. Max
    October 21, 2014 at 11:42 pm

How is malala different to every body else?
    Well I think she is different because she has survived a head injury and she wants an education.
    But I don’t really want an education.

15. Cara
    October 21, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Dear Mrs Joyce,
    How is Malala different to everyone else? I think Malala’s not different because other girls in her country might of faced the same thing as she did. She is a brave and confident person because she got shot on the left side of her head and she survived. She is also the same as me because I want a good education and Malala want’s a good education. Is she different? No because she want’s a good education I want a good education she want’s a good job and I want a good job and Malala is working her way to get those kind of things that we have here. Is Malala a hero? Why? I think Malala is a hero because she is helping other girls in her country get an Education but it’s unfair that Malala get’s all the attention but Nabila doesn’t get any attention and she’s like a hero to me because she went from her country to America just to tell them about her grandmother and nobody lisened to her and that’s why I think Nabila is a hero.

16. October 21, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Malala is no different to any one else because all girls want an education, they want to have a good job and a free life with an education. Malala is no different to me I want to have a good education and a job. Malala is a hero but there are many heroes we do not know about. I think nabila is a hero because she travelled all the way to America to share her opinion and one question wich was what did my grandmother do and only five out of 430 people came to hear her speak.

17. Alex4j
    October 21, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Is Nabila a hero?why?

Yes Nabila is a hero because she went to tell the American government her story and told the government what happened but she only wanted one answer to her one question which was what did my grandma do wrong? but nobody could answer. Nabila said she is also a hero because she has powerful words and courage just like Malala and I bet that Malala and Nabila should be great friends is they met to share their stories.

18. October 21, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Is Nabila a hero and why? Nabila is a hero because she went all the way to America just to ask “What did my grandmother do wrong?”

19. Harry
    October 21, 2014 at 11:46 pm

How is malala different to everyone else?
    Malala is girl who has a lot of attractive attention but nablia is as very important an event. With only 6 people of American congress listened to Nabila’s story out of 430 it is totally rude. Everyone has a right to be heard.
    Is nablia more of a hero? yes
    Yes Because she is hurt in the heart because of the “accident”.

20. Holly
    October 21, 2014 at 11:48 pm

Is Malala different to any one else?
    I don’t find how she is different to any one else because she wants to get a better education so the she and others can have good jobs and a better futuer just like me now back to the story she’s much different because she’s a hero and if I want to be a hero like her then I want a best education I can get.

Is Niblia a hero?
    Yes!!!! because family is very important. Malala received a injury, Nibila lost a family member. Bravery and listening to everyones story is why people should listen to Niblia.

21. October 21, 2014 at 11:49 pm

Malala is not different to everyone else because she wants what everyone else wants and everyone else wants education as well as Malala does. Malala does not want to be ignored and neither do I.

22. Abbie rose
    October 21, 2014 at 11:50 pm

How is Malala different to everyone else?
    She is different to others because she is brave.
    She is faithful, successful,confident.
    We need to be proud of her because she stood up at the.American conference to ask
    ‘what did my grand mother do to deserve that unexpected death?’
    She would have been confused,overwhelmed,helpless and frightened.
    She wants to have a eduction as well as the other poor children and most girls.
    It is needed for a good future.

23. Emily B
    October 21, 2014 at 11:51 pm

How is Malala different to anyone else?
    Malala is not different to everyone else because she wants an education in learning. She wants a better future and a lifetime job.
    Nablia is a hero because of how she went overseas just to ask what did my grandmother do wrong but nobody listened.

24. Kati Varela
    October 22, 2014 at 10:35 am

After having read all these comments, I understand why Mrs Joyce is so proud of you! It’s is evident from what you wrote that you not only empathise with Nabila but that you also understood she is as much a valuable human being as you are.

I can also understand the frustration Nabila must feel and how sad she would be to have the impression others don’t care about her and her family.

It is very encouraging for us adults to see young people noticing the fact some things that happen around the world are just not right!

We trust that you will always remember the simple idea of treating other people with dignity and respect, no matter how different to you they might seem.

I appreciate all the thinking you have done and the time you have taken to put all your ideas into writing. I believe you will love reading yourselves in the future. 🙂

I hope you have a really nice end of the year and continue enjoying your learning. My grandma, who could not go into high school because it was not for girls back then, would have loved to read everything you wrote as well, I am sure!

Love,