Today Australia Remembers – 11/11/2014 Rememberance Day

Rememberance Day 2014

Today is Rememberance Day. This means that on the 11th day, on the 11th month and the 11th hour we offer a minute silence to remember those that have fallen in war. Is there anyone in your family who you are remembering? After watching the video clip what does Rememberance day mean to you?

image image image image

One thought on “Today Australia Remembers – 11/11/2014 Rememberance Day

1. Andrew
    November 10, 2014 at 11:12 pm

Anzac means to me that people that went to war.
    We’re the best people for me.
    And Anzac Australia n.z Amy corps.

• November 10, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Hi Andrew,
      Good gob at trying to figure out what Anzac means but it is
      Anzac
      A-Australia
      N-new
      Z-Zealand
      A-army
      C-corporation
      You were close 🙂

2. Xbraidz
    November 10, 2014 at 11:13 pm

Rememberance day is about remembering those who died during the Second World War. Rememberance day is on the 11th of November every year. We take a minute to remember these brave soldiers who served our country during the Second World War. We shall not forget.

3. Emmi
    November 10, 2014 at 11:19 pm

Hi, Mrs Joyce, 😉
    Today I am remembering my mums uncle who was in the war. One of the the things I know about the First World War is that

• Emma
      November 10, 2014 at 11:39 pm

Sorry, what I was saying was that one of the things I know about the First World War is that Anzac Day stands for Australian New Zealand Army Corps also we have Poppies for Remembrance Day and Anzac Day because when the Australian and British army arrived in Gallipoli there was a field of poppies. I also know that Holland did not fight in the First World War.
      Emmi

4. Xbraidz
    November 10, 2014 at 11:22 pm

One of my stepfathers uncles was in both world wars and survived both! But then he died in a tragic car crash

5. November 10, 2014 at 11:22 pm

What Remembrance Day means to me is

• November 10, 2014 at 11:31 pm

Sorry,
      What Remembrance Day means to me is it is a time to celebrate for people you know or people you haven’t even met and to be respectful ,silent and remember from Danielle

6. November 10, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Remembrance Day is a day where you remember people who fought in the war. More than 60,000 Australians were killed in The First World War.

7. James
    November 10, 2014 at 11:23 pm

Remembrance Day is when you remember who fought in the war and sadly died in the war to save our country and other country’s and Australia is helps other country’s like NZ.

8. EmilyR
    November 10, 2014 at 11:24 pm

My great grandpa fought in the war and survived in it. Remembrance Day is about remembering the the people that fought in the war.

9. Harry
    November 10, 2014 at 11:25 pm

I’m remembering my 3 relatives on my dad’s side of family in WWII
    Remembrance day for me is peace of the end of war , for me it’s like Anzac Day and remembering
    The bravely grateful people in the war so we have a minuet of silence at eleven o’clock and the eleventh day of when WWI was over

10. November 10, 2014 at 11:25 pm

That young people that are ken to be a Amy man.

11. Max
    November 10, 2014 at 11:26 pm

Rememberance day to me is a day when we remember
    those that fought for us and sacrificed themselves for our country.

Anzac means Australian and New Zealand Army Corps.

12. Nicko
    November 10, 2014 at 11:26 pm

It means to me caring because pops pop went to the world war for the the people he cared about also in the war once the war was finished.

13. Kaiden
    November 10, 2014 at 11:27 pm

Remembrance Day is a special day when people offer a minute of silence because to remember those who have past away in the war off those who have been injured in war.But when it starts is on 11th day on the 11th month. Witch is because the First World War was ended on the 11th day on the 11th month.
    But when every one thought that it was over well the well known German man hitler started another world war as world war2 😦

14. Alex
    November 10, 2014 at 11:28 pm

My pops dad so my great granddad was in the World War One and two but he died of canca last year July and I think Remembrance Day means that you remember the people that saved our country of terrifying war and it’s also to give peace and kindness to everybody to remember those who fought in the war like I said before. I hope wars will never come to this world again so we can live in peace but unfortunely not but we can still try to stop this horror we will never give up.

15. Cara
    November 10, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Dear Mrs Joyce,
    I’m remembering my grandfather that died in the war and he is the hero in my whole family.
    Rememberance day to me means remembering all the people that died in the war. People buy poppy’s to remember all the people that died in the war. Also on rememberance day people have like a parade but it’s for everyone that died in the war and people come to watch the march.

16. Xbraidz
    November 10, 2014 at 11:28 pm

Remembrance Day is to celebrate peace

17. jenifer
    November 10, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Rembrandce day means you remeber people who fourgh died in the war. They were fighting for our cunty. Anzac means Australian New Zeland Army Corp.

November 10, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Armresses/remberence day means lots to me because one of my ansesters went in the war but sadly he/she didn’t survive I here’d the name but I won’t tell you but you will know he’s /she’s last name is hibbins and I’ve always wanted to meet he/her.

19. Kane
    November 10, 2014 at 11:30 pm

There is no one in my family who went in the war but how ever i would remember every one.
    Rememberance day to me is where you think about the people who went to war all day.

• Xbraidz
      November 10, 2014 at 11:31 pm

I think we should remember everyone too Kane.

20. November 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

The gobo or general is higher than the priminester

• Xbraidz
      November 10, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Really? I didn’t know that!

21. Jordan
    November 10, 2014 at 11:32 pm

Dear Mrs. Joyce,
    Rememberance day is about remembering the people who bravely fought in the war. There is over 9000 tomb stones to remember them.

22. Abbierose
    November 10, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Remembrance day means to me that I wouldn’t be here if they did fight .
    ANZAC stands for Australia New Zealand Army Corps.
    A small war becomes a bigger war.

23. Leah
    November 10, 2014 at 11:34 pm

Remembrance day means at 11:00 we take a minute of silence to remember all the people who we know and we don’t know who have died. In German they protect the border.

24. Leah
    November 10, 2014 at 11:36 pm

Australia
    New
    South
    Army
    Corp

25. Holly
    November 10, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Hi mrs Joyce,
    I’m not remembering anyone today so here’s some information about it.
    Remembrance day- in the eleventh of the day there will a minuet silence to remember those who fall in war and to remember those who fort to protect our country. The minuet of silence is in the eleventh hour of the day because that’s when the First world war ended, and when the First world war ended
    everyone called it the Great War because when it finished they thought it would never come again but two decades later their was another world war.

• November 11, 2014 at 8:32 am

Hi, Holly,
      Good Job! You’ve got some really good info! 🙂

26. Deegan
    November 10, 2014 at 11:37 pm

Rememberance day is where we have a minute of silents to remember all the solders that fought in the war It means a lot to me because people have been fighting for our countries to protect us.

27. Emily B
    November 10, 2014 at 11:38 pm

Dear mis Joyce,
    Remembrance Day is all about people in the war and they fight for a lot of important things and stop and start a lot of times and never stop.
    Mis Joyce I don’t have anyone in my family that is important.

28. November 11, 2014 at 8:30 am

Hi, Mrs Joyce,
    Here is a short sentence about what happened in World War 1:

As the guns finally fell silent at 11am, on November 11, 1918, Private George Edwin Ellison would go down in history as the last British solider to die in the First World War.

29. Xbraidz