Hope – How Something Simple Can Mean So Much

Hope

Hope

Photo courtesy of Caras Ionut

image

Creative write
The flowers gave him hope.

Sitting there in the frost-covered park, with snowflakes gently falling from the cold, November sky, he reflected upon the events of the past few days. Despite everything, he still had hope for the future.

Who is the man in the park? What has happened to him?

What do you think he is hoping for? What is significant about the flowers?

Can you continue the story, exploring all of these questions? You could write a diary entry for the man, focusing on describing his emotions.

Resource from http://lendmemyliteracy.com

One thought on “Hope – How Something Simple Can Mean So Much

1. Harry
    December 1, 2014 at 3:27 am

Hi mrs Joyce,

Who is the man in the park? What has happened to him?
    I think that the man in the park is a man that has lost something special to him and then someone has given him a bunch of flowers and he has regained hope and it might give him a spark of light.

What do you think he is hoping for? What is significant about the flowers?
    I think that the man is hoping for a new life that is full of meaning and hope and he keeps the flowers on a table or mantle pece so that every time he turns and looks at them he remembers the time that he felt that little spark of hope that changed everything for him. I think that the flowers are significant because in the world that the mans in is full of grey lonely dull things.

2. Abbie
    December 1, 2014 at 10:44 pm

The man that give’s hope and finding hope to give.
    For future and love the flower is giving hope.

3. December 1, 2014 at 11:09 pm

Dear mrs Joyce,
    There’s always a peace of hope always in sight. At last hope of this young flower as in care. A beautiful flower as I you can see.it is the only thing I have I’ve got left. No one can take this wonderful thing to have and the only thing I have is this wonderful flower.

4. Danielle
    December 1, 2014 at 11:24 pm

Hello Mrs Joyce
    The man is someone that is cold and has found hope as the snow falls the ground grows frozen the pore old man is freezing.the man looks at the flower and hopes and wishes on it. And he is wishing/hoping for a house family and love. The thing that he thought was amazing about the flower is that it was just a seed and it slowly started to grow I hope
    From Danielle

5. Madelaine & Regan
    December 1, 2014 at 11:39 pm

1.Who is the man in the park? What has happend to him?
    We think that he was a war victron because it looks like he has Poppy’s. We think that he is lonely because all his friends have died or they have gone to there country’s.

2.what is he hopping for? What is significant about the flowers?
    We think that he is hopping for a beader future and to have all his friends bake. The flowers are significant because they look like Poppy’s and he mite be sad about all his friends.

• Liam
      December 2, 2014 at 10:48 pm

The snow flakes fall on me slowly making me colder and colder each time. But Sill making me think about the past but now it is peaceful not destruction and war. The only thing that stands out is the the bright red Poppy’s in the hash november sky’s.

6. Alex
    December 2, 2014 at 10:42 pm

Today has come
    A sad day today think of the ones who died like your grand parents.

7. Alex
    December 3, 2014 at 3:44 am

Hope
    The day has come and I am shivering with cold in the dark night. I remember my grand parents who fought in the war, I feel sorry my grand parents died, I will never forget them. This flower I hold gives me hope of the living spirit

8. Jazi
    February 22, 2015 at 12:20 am

Who is the man in the park? A sad loving guy who has had something done to him.What has happened to him? I think that one of his relatives have past away or got shot in the war because his holding a poppy.

What do you think he is hoping for? He’s hopping for something good because he looks like his acting tranquil. What is significant about the flowers? That the flower’s are a poppy.