On Top Of The World – What Could You See From The Top Of Burj Khalifa

On Top Of The World

Photo courtesy of Bjoem Lauen, One Big Photo
image

Creative write
She could not believe her eyes. It was astonishing!

Feeling light headed she gazed around, drinking in the magnificence of the occasion, her eyes feasting on the most wondrous sight imaginable to mankind.

Hundreds of feet below, an ocean of clouds swept over the buildings like they were small pebbles washed up on the beach. She wished this moment would last forever…

Can you continue the story of the girl standing on top of the Burj Khalifa; the tallest building on Earth?

Perfect picture
Imagine what you could see if you were stood on the top of the building. Describe what you have imagined.

Philosophy time
Does the Burj Khalifa touch the sky?

Where does the sky start and end?

Are clouds in, on, under, below or above the sky?

Resource from http://lendmemyliteracy.com

One thought on “On Top Of The World – What Could You See From The Top Of Burj Khalifa

1. DEEGAN
    November 28, 2014 at 12:14 pm

Yes because it’s past the clouds the sky.
    starts any where and it ends any where really
    The are on top of the it’s between both so on πŸ™‚

2. Kaiden
    December 1, 2014 at 11:23 pm

As I am standing on the biggest tower in the world in
    Dashingair which is thickened because I am so so high in the sky but it is
    a wonderful do observe and explore with an amazing sight.
    Just like it was a once in a life time thing to do.

3. Cadence Sophie
    December 1, 2014 at 11:29 pm

On Top Of The World

There I was on top of the tallest tower on Earth. While I was up there I could feel the frozen, cold , fresh as it was blowing against me. I was up there I looked down and thought I was going to fall so I tried not to look down because it terrified me when I first looked down. On the tippy top of the tower I was frightened because it was very, extremely high, you can tell that it is the tallest tower on Earth because it is above the clouds. I could hear the sounds of the birds chirping away like know one is even there. πŸ™‚

• Jasmine
      December 3, 2014 at 3:47 am

Well done cadence! πŸ™‚

• December 3, 2014 at 3:48 am

I like how you put descriptive language in your work. πŸ™‚

4. December 1, 2014 at 11:30 pm

I could not believe my eyes. It was astonishing! Like the wind was going through my ear whan I was looking at the big building. As butterfly in my stomach.

5. Nicko
    December 1, 2014 at 11:33 pm

ON TOP OF THE WORLD
    Because it is such a good vowe but it wood be very lownley. I feel rushing on my face as I look over a asome vowe seeing all the tall towes sarding me & the the towes.

6. Cooper
    December 2, 2014 at 10:46 pm

On top of the world
    It is such a good felling to be able to climb the tallest building in the world.
    I see lots cold mist blowing past the white fluffy clouds.

• Cooper
      December 3, 2014 at 3:40 am

see lots of buildings past the white fluffy clouds.
      I feel the cold mist blowing against my face it was fast.
      The wind whistling in my ears is peaceful.
      I see the shiny bright yellow sparkly sun shining in my. the surface of the tallest building in the world it’s hard and colourful and has lots of patterns.
      I hear the loud noise of a plane rushing past me.
      Hear the loud traffic down past the clouds.
      I hear the birds chirping in my ears as they fly past me.

7. Maddison
    December 2, 2014 at 10:47 pm

ON TOP OF THE WORLD
    I wished this moment would last forever. . .
    But then the feel of freezing cold wind whooshed straight passed me. It started to get cold. All I can hear up here is my breath blowing out the cold air.

• Maddison
      December 3, 2014 at 3:38 am

I can see the misty and wispy clouds below me. I feel like I can just reach out and touch the fluffy clouds. I’m starting to feel dizzy up here not being able to breath as well.

• Kate
      December 3, 2014 at 3:55 am

Great job Maddison I love how you included descriptive language for every sense. πŸ˜›

8. Lam
    December 2, 2014 at 10:48 pm

On top of the world.
    As I was feeling on top of the tallest building I would feel scared because when I look down on the ground I would be scared because I would up high in the sky.

• Lam
      December 3, 2014 at 3:54 am

I can taste the strong wind rushing towards my body.I can feel the dusty sky trying to spin around my body and I can feel all the clouds going around me. And I can hear all of the dusty wind coming towards the building and as I was at the sky I could see other little people that are on the ground and I can see other buildings when I was at the sky.

9. Jasmine
    December 2, 2014 at 10:49 pm

There I was on top of the tallest tower on earth. I was ditermend to continue my journey on top of the clouds! Then my breath was taken away because I saw the tallest tower on earth! I could see the mist flying over the tip of the tower just like little marshmallows. I could hear the calm wind blowing the little fluffy white marshmallows around. I could taste the beautiful calm air blowing into my mouth while I was to busy watching the sun set . I will come back tomorrow and see the gorgeous little fluffy white clouds and the beautiful sun set. ::)

10. maddybw
    December 2, 2014 at 10:55 pm

On top of the WORLD
    As I stare into the distance I feel the sting of FROST BITE on my toes. I can stil taste the horrible BUG that flew down my throat as I tried to cough it back up. I can smell the fresh air going into my nose. I can hear myself huffing and puffing as I try to catch my breath, still wondering if I will fall to my death.

11. Violet J
    December 2, 2014 at 11:01 pm

THE SCIENTIST: I see a creepy hand that appears to be growing out of a pot. The arm that is attached to the hand looks like the branch of tree covered in bark with leaves sprouting out of it. The bark feels rough, dry and flakey. I smell the damp soil surrounding the creepy arm and the freshness of the leaves.

12. Jake
    December 3, 2014 at 3:42 am

ON TOP OF THE WORLD!

I placed my hands on the ice cold glass and stared down, seeing through the holes in the white creamy clouds seeing ant like dots. “They are so little!” I say staring down at all the people below me. A cold, artic breeze billowed past, feels like getting frostbite from climbing Mt Everest. “Ah good memories.” The walls are covered with thick layers of ice, from top to bottom. Sunset comes and darkness is chasing away the sun. “Ok guys please leave the building, we are shutting down.” Demanded the worker. I took the long elevator, I didn’t want to take six kilometres of stairs. “How long is this elevator? It’s been hours!” I asked inside the crowded space. I slowly make my way down the the long, endless elevator, I finally reached the bottom floor, out of the clouds, and back on earth…

A memory I will never forget.

13. Kate
    December 3, 2014 at 3:49 am

As she stared off into the distance it seemed that the creamy white, fluffy clouds went on forever. Then she headed towards the open glass window to get a better view of her surroundings. The icy wind that was like it was from Antarctica brushed against her skin that made millions of small goose bumps appear on her skin. Then she wanted to see what was above the magnificent building. Was it really, was she dreaming, no it was space. Directly above her was the constellation “The Digger”. πŸ˜€ :O

14. December 3, 2014 at 3:58 am

On top of the world
    She put her hands out to feel the cool breeze of the strong wind. She feels the wind moving past her warm hands. She Look down at the fluffy moving clouds that are around the building. She felt worried with fear that she will fall to her doom.