We Can Vote!!!!

Hello 3/4J,

I am missing you very much. I am recovering from my illness and feeling like I want to be there at school with you. I have some exciting news for you. Thanks to our anonymous donor we are now set up on the Kutoa Classroom Network and WE CAN VOTE.

This afternoon I would like you to go to our favourite website http://www.kutoa.org and decide which cause we should help this month. It will be a difficult decision because we know we want to help everyone but we must choose one that we really want to help. Here are your choices:

Chaplains for Child Soldiers, Illustrating a Better Way and Equipping With Education.

kutoa1  kutoa2

Write a post to me about why you want to vote for that cause. My vote is with the ‘Illustrating A Better Way’ project I like how this project uses picture stories to teach children about a safe life. You decide what you think, its your choice where our donation money goes to this month. This months partner to the Kutoa charity is the Romeo Dallaire Child Soldier Initiative. This organisation is helping children go to school instead of being involved in fighting wars.

We now have our own Kutoa classroom page and we can monitor our impact on others around the world. This is amazing!!!!

This is our impact page: https://www.kutoa.org/classroom_impact

Remember we need to think about our book we are going to make “Everyday should be Kutoa Day – $1 can make an impact’. This will be next weeks persuasive writing task as we learn for NAPLAN and help others around the world. Please send me a message in a comment about any ideas you have for our book.

Missing you all and I’m looking forward to seeing you all next week

From Mrs Joyce

One thought on “Exciting News: 3/4J Our Global Classroom Is Now An Active Member of Kutoa Classrooms – CLASS WE CAN VOTE!!!!!

February 12, 2015 at 5:57 am

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    so glad to hear you are getting better 🙂

This month I would vote for Child Soldiers because it is just really sad how 250,000 children have been stolen from their family’s and get treated really badly.

Some ideas for our book:
    I think we should all write something about Kutoa and it gets to be in the book.
    I think at the start of the book we should write how we became to know Kutoa.

Bye Mrs Joyce see you later. 😉 🙂 😉

2. Emma
    February 13, 2015 at 1:54 am

This month I want to vote for “Illustrating a better way”.
    Because I like how they teach with pictures in books.
    And I know that everyone wants their child(ren) to be safe so having books to teach children to be safe.

February 13, 2015 at 2:02 am

Ive voted 🙂 🙂 😉

4. Joshua
    February 13, 2015 at 2:03 am

Dear mrs joyce
    i think that we should vote for Chaplains for Child Soldiers.
    becuase lots of the children are going to die
    and there will be no more children in kutoa and thy will have no home

from joshua

5. Emma
    February 13, 2015 at 2:07 am

This month I want to vote for “Illustrating A Better Way”.
    Because some people can’t read in some places so using photos to help children who have been asked to join the army forces.
    And I don’t like hearing that children have to fight in wars.

• bailey
      February 13, 2015 at 2:17 am

Hi Mrs joice i vote for Chaplains for Child Soldiers because i can draw and help childeren learn after they came back from the war.

6. Jazi and Danica
    February 13, 2015 at 2:09 am

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    Glad your getting better
    Mine and Danica vote goes to the children that have to fight in the war because children about sixteen have to fight in the war. Their parents probobly don’t want them to go because the group of
    children might get badly hurt. we want to support the Chaplains for Child Soldiers.

7. jayden
    February 13, 2015 at 2:09 am

hi mrs joyce i hope you are okay.
    this month i voted for Chaplains for Child Soldiers
    beacuase it is really sad because. i think the kids get badly hurt
    when they fight in the war.
    bye mrsjoyce see you later

8. coby
    February 13, 2015 at 2:11 am

Dear mrs. Joyce,
    I would like to vote for Chaplains for child soldiers.

9. noah
    February 13, 2015 at 2:13 am

Dear peopel I’m voting for the solger children because it is sad if they purs a way.
    I do not wont people or children wif guns or nife or punching ech uher.
    Iye fink it is go for the chatlen to tork.

10. lochana
    February 13, 2015 at 2:14 am

Hi mrs joyce
    I like to vote for Chaplains for Child Soldiers because I’ll
    feel sad if they die in the war .

11. Ethan
    February 13, 2015 at 2:15 am

Hi Mrs Joyce,
    I would vote for the child chaplains because children would find it hard to solve promblems by themselves so they need a chaplain.

From Ethan 🙂 😉

12. tyrone
    February 13, 2015 at 2:16 am

Hi Mrs. Joyce,
    My vote is for equipping with education because its important for people to know what to do in the war.