3/4J Welcome To The World Of The 100 Word Challenge

100 Word Challenge

3/4J I would like to introduce you to a great way of practicing writing – ‘The 100 Word Challenge’.

This term we are working hard in the classroom on linking our Writer’s Notebook seeds to the drafting process. The 100 word challenge is a way we can practice short sharp pieces of writing using different types of images and sentence starters to stimulate our thinking.

This week the 100WC have a photograph from the wonderful Jane Hewitt whose book ‘Learning through a lens’ is a fantastic resource for every classroom.

It looks like one of her little people has got themselves into a bit of a difficulty. You have 100 words to write about this picture. Make sure you use your imagination!

100WC

One thought on “3/4J Welcome To The World Of The 100 Word Challenge

1. Luis Figo
    May 13, 2015 at 7:02 am

NICE I LOVE THIS!!!

2. Danica
    May 14, 2015 at 3:03 am

Hello my name is Danica,
    I am sceeing down the hill and sodonly there was a big chicken oh no i am going to die RUN
    thogh its legs it tried to cach me HELP as i skeed away the big chicken started running to and it said to me wate stop i wont to be your friend but why did you try to cach me said Danica the big chicken said to me because you were going to run away from me so I thoght to cach you ok i will be your friend just dont eat me.

May 14, 2015 at 3:12 am

Hi my name is Amelia. I live in Lego City.
    Nearly everyday I have a dream, just last night I had the most weirdest dream that a huge as bird swooped out if no where trying to eat me! What was I meant to do I`m just a tiny small miniture lego girl.
    Its Monday morning and I just woke up. I went out to the back door to jave my everyday walk aroung my garden.
    Then I saw it. I closed my eyes I opened them I close them I open them. It was the same bird I saw in my dream!!

4. Bailey
    May 14, 2015 at 3:15 am

Imagine if the lego girl was strugling to get out of the cuffs and jump off the stump. Imagine if the chicken tried swallowing me whole. Imagine if the chicken thought I was a seed. Theres a lego master builder flying above, HELP I’M GETTING EYE BALLED FROM A GIANT BIRD. Ouch! The chicken pocked me times. I asked him/her to stop. The chicken said O.K. I said YOU CAN TALK. Well yaer. Hey you want to play around and be best budies, Why wouldnt I. So we both took off and have fun. at the end he grew up and swallowed me whole.

5. Shontae
    May 14, 2015 at 3:15 am

What is this thing? Let s’’ get closer! WOW!!!It’s got a mouth, nose, feet, a fury black body and eyes. I wonder what it is? SQUAK!!! AAAAAAAAAA!!!! Think Sara think! I know! Imagine your playing video games, like at home.
    Step one. Move left
    Step two. Distract the bird
    Step three. Find a hiding spot and throw a rock to make it think it’s a animal and.
    Step four. Go past
    But bring another rock so it doesn’t come back and eat lunch. Oh no! the birds back again, quick find a rock! ARRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!! , I’m dying. HELP ME!!!!!!

6. Billie
    May 14, 2015 at 11:30 pm

One day I was walking throw the bushes and then I met a bird he started eating all my seeds.
    when I tried to stop him he put me in his mouth and then I said hay this is not fear.
    I can`t move and you can so they stead at the seeds hay this is not fear.
    lets share them there will be more each week (scorch) !!!!! I tack that as a yes and
    in the end there was no me.