Schools Around the World
Most of us have a clear image of what a classroom looks like. There are desks, a board, maybe some computers and plenty of eager young minds. However, how much do we know about what it’s really like to go to school in countries such as Afghanistan or the Congo? 3/4J I would like you to take a tour of the different education settings for children around the world.
1. What do you see in the pictures that are positive?
2. What differences do you see compared to our classroom?
3. What things are the same as our classroom?
4. One of the classes is a classroom in our state Victoria, Australia. Can you pick the classroom? Describe its features.
5. Extension – Take a look at the website and see if you can find out the countries these classrooms are in. Can you list the countries?