Underwater living: Dubai’s Floating Seahorse homes

Compass Points

dubai1

The phrase “sleeping with the fishes” will have a less sinister meaning for the owners of these new homes in Dubai.

The Floating Seahorse is a partially-submerged property development dreamed up by Dubai’s Kleindienst Group with completion scheduled for late 2016.

The development will comprise 42 units to be moored near The Heart of Europe islands, part of Dubai’s artificial island project The World.

So, is it a boat? Or is it a villa? Essentially it is a boat without a motor.

Each Floating Seahorse will have three levels: an underwater level, a main floor and an upper deck.

The master suite, including the main bedroom and ensuite, will be located on the underwater level and will feature floor to ceiling windows and a freestanding bath.

An artificial reef will be built around the area where the boats will be docked, creating a protected environment for the local marine life and ensuring stunning views for the boats occupants.

The upper deck will have a glass-bottomed spa, which will act like a skylight for the living room below, a mini bar, outdoor shower and a day bed.

If you want to take dip in the surrounding Gulf sea, just jump straight off the main level which features another bedroom and small kitchen.

Described as “holiday retreat” for marine and yachting enthusiasts, the boats are said to cost $Dh6.5 million ($2.3 million).

However, if you want to grab one for yourself, better get in quick because 35 have reportedly already sold.

dubai2 dubai3 dubai4

One thought on “Homework Week 8 – Would You Live Here? Underwater living: Dubai’s Floating Seahorse homes

June 1, 2015 at 8:59 am

What excites me to live in a floating sea horse home is because I would never be bored watching all the amazing sea creatures swimming all around you.

I don’t think anything would worry me except… the big sharks and their razor sharp teeth.

Does the water ever rise? Because if I lived there I wouldn’t want my house to flood. How do you get around like if you want to go the shops?

The only thing that would convince me to live in one of those houses is that I would be rich and famous and Id be known as the first black person to live in a floating sea horse house.

πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜€

2. Tamara
    June 2, 2015 at 3:55 am

E=Exited what do think exites you about this? What would you think about to live in this sea horse house that is also in the part of water.

W=Worrisome what do you think worrisome and are you gonna be a bit worried about if a big gigantic shark comes and attacks the sea horse home that you live in.

N=Need do you need to know about this house and what is in the sea Horse Home you live in and How will you be able to go shopping when you aren’t on land so you might have to get a boat to land so you can go shopping in the shopping centres.

S=Stance did you get to go around your new house and look because there’s a spa room and the levels are of the house is top, second floor and ground floor witch is the the under sea floor.
    πŸ™‚ πŸ˜‰ πŸ™‚

3. Lochana
    June 2, 2015 at 3:59 am

Compass Points
    I like that seahorse house I went to live there .πŸ˜ƒ

What happen if there is a shake .😱

I like the house is’t ausome.πŸ˜‰

I didn’t finish

4. Danica
    June 2, 2015 at 6:25 am

E = Excited What excites you or what would be good about this idea of living in a floating seahorse home?one thing that is good is that it is quiet because most people don’t like the ocean
    the second thing whey i like it because i like the view when you wake up you can see the ocean.

W = Worrisome What do you find worrisome or negative about this idea of living in a floating seahorse home? that the glass mite break when you are sleeping and you mite get scad in the middle of the night because of the corral.

N = Need to Know What else do you need to know or find out about this idea of floating homes in Dubai? you will need to know that you can not just step outside into the ocean because it mite be freezing cold in the water .

S = Stance or Suggestion for Moving Forward What is your current opinion on the idea of people living in these types of homes? What could convince you to live this way? to be not scad of the ocean
    because it mite make you scad in the middol of the night and you are not meant to get scad all the time but if you don’t get scad of eney of those things then it could be fun.

5. Lavender-May
    June 3, 2015 at 2:02 am

1. Excite: What would excite me if I lived in this floating seahorse home is when I go down to the underwater room because I would see all of the sea life.

2. Worrisome: Some things that would frighten me is if the glass would break and the whole
    room would flood.

3. Need: Something I need to know is if there are any blinds so if I see a shark I could just close the blinds if I get scared.

4. Suggestion: I suggest you have a boat so you can get to the shops on the mainland and fun places easier.

6. jayden
    June 3, 2015 at 6:13 am

1.excite: seeing sea turtles
    2.worrisome: it will scare me
    3.need: is there any curtains
    4.suggest: plane to get places

7. Robert
    June 4, 2015 at 5:30 am

1.excite: seeing sea turtles
    2.worrisome: it will scare me
    3.need: is there any curtains
    4.suggest: plane to get places

8. Jayden M
    June 4, 2015 at 5:35 am

E = Excited What excites you or what would be good about this idea of living in a floating seahorse home? Use examples to explain why certain things excite you. It what be cool seeing the wonderful fish swimming around.

W = Worrisome What do you find worrisome or negative about this idea of living in a floating seahorse home? Example with examples of what could go wrong or what worries you. THE GLASS MIGHT BREAK WHEN IM SLEEPING .

N = Need to Know What else do you need to know or find out about this idea of floating homes in Dubai? What additional information would help you to decide if you could live this way? IF THE BEDROOM WAS ON THE TOP OF IT .

S = Stance or Suggestion for Moving Forward What is your current opinion on the idea of people living in these types of homes? What could convince you to live this way? I WHAT LIKE THE WONDERFUL VEIW.

9. jazi
    June 4, 2015 at 5:45 am

what excites me is that it is underwater

something that would frighten me or a shark swimming near by.
    I think it need maby a shark ne around it just in case.
    how to get to places without a boat

10. Ethan
    June 4, 2015 at 10:31 am

E=Excited. What would excite me about living in this house would be, I would be able to see all the sea life.

W=Worrisome. I would be worried the windows would break and flood the house.

N=Need to know. I would need to know that it was safe to live in.

S=Stance or suggestion for moving forward. My opinion on living this ways is it is awesome. To convince me to live there is knowing it wouldn’t float away. πŸ˜„

11. Emma^.^
    June 4, 2015 at 10:27 pm

E = I’m excited about having a coral reef in my front yard and I can see a thousand miles across the sea without getting wet.

W = I’m worried a fish or a sea creature might bang on the glass and it would either brake or keep me up all night.

N = I need to know how far is it to society by boat and how often big water animals swim by.

S = Using small chains to show the house won’t float away. Having a little room off the house
    so you can enter the water as soon as you woke up, you go in and shut and lock the door behind you and open the door in front of you and go out the moment you shut the second door the little room will drain so when you go back in you will not get your house wet.

12. Olivia
    March 23, 2016 at 9:21 am

πŸ˜€yes because I love being under water🌊. I would bye one but they are to exenssive$$$