Facts and Opinions
Tell Mrs Joyce your opinion on 5 of these facts about Brazil. Use one of the sentence starters to start your opinion:
* Brazil is the largest country in South America.
* The name Brazil comes from a tree named brazilwood.
* It is called Brasil in Portuguese, the official language spoken in Brazil.
* Brazil is the 5th largest country in the world by both land area and population.
* Mrs Joyce will visit Rio De Janiero and the capital of Brazil, Brasilia.
* In Brazil they drive on the right-hand side of the road.
* Brazil has a large coastline on the eastern side of South America, stretching 7491 kilometres (4655 miles) in length.
* Brazil shares a border with all South American countries except for Chile and Ecuador.
* The Amazon River flows through Brazil, it is the 2nd longest river in the world (after the Nile).
* Around 60% of the Amazon Rainforest is located in Brazil.
* The climate in the majority of Brazil is tropical.
* Brazil is home to a wide range of animals, including armadillo, tapirs, jaguars and pumas.
* Millions of tourists visit Brazil every year.
* There are around 2500 airports in Brazil.
* Football (soccer) is the most popular sport in Brazil with the national team consistently among the best in the world, winning the World Cup a record 5 times.