Homework Week 6 – Term 3 : Look At What Ms Liebtag Could See Outside Her Window?

100 Word Challenge

Look closely at the picture and write a short sharp piece of writing of 100 words in length.

Remember to:

• Use descriptive language.
  • Use the sense feel, taste, smell, hear and see if you need a starting point.
  • Try and stay as close to 100 words as you can.
  • Watch your spelling, grammar and please use capital letters and fullstops.

These sentence starters may help to get you started:

As I was driving ……

Outside the window …….

The long straight road …….

or you can start with your own explosive descriptive hook in.

Mrs Joyce has been so lucky to be able to connect with great educators around the world and Ms Liebtag is one of those teachers. She is located in the United States and works with teachers to help them become great teachers like she is. So her proud by submitting some great pieces of writing.

emily

One thought on “Homework Week 6 – Term 3: Thank You @EmilyLiebtag For Sending 3/4J A Greeting From The US

1. Hayden
    August 18, 2015 at 3:51 am

Outside the window I saw clouds forming piches off animals and massive trees curving the sun, the bourfal beards cheaping outside an Thay are culufal, I can her my dog barking an a cat my brother is woching the t.v then I look back out the window and I can see mum cuming back from the shops and I haoupt mum pout the stuf in the frig and the cubits and the I went back to the window and saw dad cuming home in his trick but he wisent down so he ust me if he wanted me to cam and I sad yous wen I was in the truck I saw cours in badics THE END.

• Joshua
      August 21, 2015 at 3:12 am

As I come back to see the farm lots of things happens the first thing I saw it was the trees that were like a tunnel and the grass was like a ramp and the grass was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO big

2. Tamara 😈
    August 18, 2015 at 3:51 am

I can see the road from out of my car window and I can also see the green grass on both sides of the road and I can see some yellow lines on the road.

• Tamara 😈
      August 18, 2015 at 3:56 am

I just forgot to put the end after the full stop by accident.

3. Bailey
    August 18, 2015 at 3:54 am

As I was driving down a road that was new for me. I started to wonder how long this road was. I asked mum how long the road is. My mum said she didn’t know. So I checked how long it was going to take on my navigation app from my phone. The road was a nother five hours, one hour away I was busting. I told my mum she said the closest servo is at the end of this road. Four hours away we were at the end of the road. Mum said there was a toilet so I went in, there was no toilet.

4. Tyrone
    August 18, 2015 at 3:56 am

My dad was taking me on a camping trip I was very gleeful,”I could just taste & smell the Hamburger” I said to dad.We were eight hours away from our camping our car engin blow so we walked there I looked in front of me and I saw a ute going past,it was a very long walk & very boring.Now we are five hours Away from the camping site dad said he could hear a raccoon in the trash can. Dad could feel the wind we better get there fast it’s about to be a storm soon.

5. Tamara 😈
    August 18, 2015 at 4:00 am

I can see the road from out of my car window and I can also see the green grass on both sides of the road and I can see some yellow lines on the road and because I took my eyes off the road I crashed into a tree and hurt my self. The End

August 18, 2015 at 7:28 am

The long straight road only seemed to get longer and longer as I drove down the road. I see the white clouds moving along the light blue sky. I smell the fresh air as I drive down the long smooth road. I hear the wind blowing past me as I speed down the road on 120 kilometres per hour. I feel relaxed as I sit back on my comfy chair listening to jazz music. I can taste the delicious cheese burger from McDonalds I bought while on my stop over.

7. Danica
    August 19, 2015 at 7:55 am

As I was driving down the long straight road it seemed like it was getting longer as the minute.
    I see the green trees as they are swaying together as I was looking in front of me whole I was driving I was starting to get very board it was so long that I started to look at the side window I hope I get to Woolworths soon to get lots of yummy food to eat for diner and to get my kids from school but I did say I would be late to pick them up from school add lest they now where I am.

8. Ethan
    August 19, 2015 at 9:43 am

As I was driving down the long straight road I could see the forest coming up ahead. As I looked outside the window, the trees looked monsterous and I wondered how old they might be. I wound down my window and the beautiful fresh forest smell came in. On the other side of the forest I could see a pretty looking farm with chickens, cows, sheep and horses and I could smell the hay and hear the sounds of the animals. I turned up the driveway and I was happy to see my Nan and Pop waiting for me with big smiles on their faces.

9. Robert
    August 20, 2015 at 5:48 am

Outside the window I could see a forest with lots of trees and long grass. I see dark blue sky, dirty grass and little fluffy clouds.
    the end

10. Jazi
    August 20, 2015 at 8:14 am

On my way to a camp trip I look out my car window and saw a road to some where so I went down that road it turned very narrow it started snowing I was cold we got out our tent and went to bed the next day we found a beautiful house so we went there. There was someone in side so we went to have a look there was a witch then she looked and saw me she capshed me so I called Locky he came and saved me we went home and seen mummy
    The end

11. Lavender-May
    August 20, 2015 at 10:11 am

Once there was a family. In the family lived Mrs and Mr Flake, their daughter Ava and their son Matthew. In the morning they were going for a road trip. Suddenly Ava heard a sound, but it was her cat Livvy. The morning came and before they knew it, they were in the car and on their way. Ava and Matthew were playing eye spy. Ava could see a bird, it was so amazing. They came across a long straight road. They were bored so their parents took them to McDonalds. Ava could smell Chicken nuggets. Matthew went to get something to eat, but his Mum already got him a cheeseburger. He had never tasted a cheeseburger before. They felt sick in the tummy so they went home.

12. Emma^.^
    August 20, 2015 at 7:37 pm

One day I was out driving when I noticed that10 the road started geting longer by the minute I thought 20I’ll never get there now then I went though a 30forest like tree arangment. Out of the forest I noticed 40fluffy white clouds one looked like a marshmallow my tummy50 rumbles, I think I should get something thing, eat but 60what? I looked up the road a fuel station we can 70both eat girl, then I got some fuel in old 80bessy and some fuel in me to. I got some90 pie for me and unleaded fuel for bessy lucky bessy.
    The end

13. Jayden.m
    August 21, 2015 at 2:42 am

I see the very long road as I walk home .
    I smell the wonderful breeze as I walk home .
    I taste the wonderful flowers as I walk home .
    I hear the birds tweeting away as I walk home.
    I feel the cool air on my back as I walk home

14. Coby
    August 21, 2015 at 3:08 am

As I was driving I sur heps of grass and trees and a hu munges rood infrunt of me I codt brev my
    Iyees ther was a masef fans. And a batfal blue sky we wer going to the shop it is a farey log way awy
    On the way ther I sar a kangaroo hooping along the rood.