Inferring Lesson Using Media – Thanks Mrs Bradbury

Inferring

3/4J we have practising our understanding of Observing, Wondering and Inferring using Non Fiction, Images and Texts. Today we are going to use Media as a tool to help us make inferences.

Here is some background on the video you will watch:

The Video is about a boy named Alexander who can’t stop growing at school and has to move away. The teacher decides to bring her classroom to Alexander. Alexander believes he’s special, but only because he’s unusually tall. The class quickly shows Alexander just how special he really is.

We use sticky notes to record out responses and then discuss as a group. Your responses will be your exit card to independent reading.

One thought on “Inferring Lesson Using Media – Thanks Mrs Bradbury

1. Josh
    August 19, 2015 at 12:29 am

I observe Alexander looking so confused that he had
    To move away

I wonder how they knew where Alexander was.

Friendship is bigger then Alexander because he forgived the teacher

2. Ethan
    August 19, 2015 at 12:30 am

I observe Alexanders friends. Q1. How did he grow so big are his mum and
    Dad Giants.
    jumping on him with smiles.

I think friend ship is bigger than alexzander because he is so kind hearted to his friends and his friends are kind hearted to him

3. Emma
    August 19, 2015 at 12:31 am

I observe that Alexander has joy and happiness with his friends.

I wonder why was Alexander always so happy wilst playing with his friends?

I infer that Alexanders joy and happiness was bigger than him because he always had a smile when playing with his friends because he enjoys playing with his friendships

August 19, 2015 at 12:32 am

Observe: I that Alexander was always smiling until he got moved away from his classroom.
    Wonder: Why did Alexander’s friends jump around him?
    I think what was bigger than Alexander was his freindship because his friends brought the classroom to him.

5. Tyrone
    August 19, 2015 at 12:32 am

I observe friendship
    I wonder why everyone liked him
    I infer that it was friendship because when he left they missed him and when the class was there he was happy. That’s what friends do.

6. Bailey
    August 19, 2015 at 12:34 am

I observe empty seats in the class.
    Why did alexander keep growing all of the time?
    I infer Alexander had a lot of friend ship with the other students because him and his friends were laughing with eachother.

7. Jayden M
    August 19, 2015 at 12:35 am

I observe that he was confused that he had to move away.
    How did he keep on growing?
    I think that friendship was bigger then him because he’s friends were missing him
    They brought the calssroom to him

8. Billie
    August 19, 2015 at 12:37 am

I observe that he was happy with his friends

How can he grow that much

His friend ship was bigger because his friends moved the school to him and made him happy

9. Jazi
    August 19, 2015 at 12:37 am

I observe kids playing with Alexandra.
    I wonder why the kids are playing with Alexendra?
    I infer friendship is bigger than Alexendra because they all brang the class to him at his house and had fun

10. cob
    August 19, 2015 at 12:40 am

I observe that he had a smile. Whiy ded he haf a smiyal? I infar the kids mest hem because he likd
    Being frands and franship.

11. Noah
    August 19, 2015 at 12:41 am

I observe that he was to big for the classroom.

How did he keep on getting to big for the classroom.

I infor that he was. To big for the classroom because his friends kept on saying great things about him.

12. Tamara 😈
    August 19, 2015 at 12:44 am

I observe that Alexsander was happy with his face when his friends were with him.

Why did Alexsander have to move away from his school?

I infer that the school was bigger than Alexsander because when he was the same size as his friends.

13. Lochana
    August 19, 2015 at 12:45 am

I observe that
    Alexander was so happy that all the kids is play with him.
    Why is he gouging so big?
    I infer that Alexander was to big because he can t go inside the classroom.

14. Hayden
    August 19, 2015 at 12:46 am

I observe that alixszender is sared because he is to big for the clarsroom. Wy ? or how ? Wy because he ceeps grouring and coodent fit in the classroom. I infer that alixszender I sent biger then frend ship because his frends mist him and he smiled because his frens came and Brora the hol school with them.

15. Robert
    August 19, 2015 at 12:47 am

Observing. I observe he was happy when the class came to see Alexander.
    Wonder/ how could he grow so big.
    I think the sky is the biggest than Alexander because the sky is the biggest thing in the world.

16. Anyieth!
    August 20, 2015 at 5:42 am

I observe that Alexander was happy when he made new friends.
    Why is Alexander growing so big?
    I infer Alexander was to large to fit into the classroom.. Would he keep growing?