Homework Week 8 Term 3 – What Do You Need To Learn? Classrooms Around The World

How Children Learn Around The World

As we come to the end of another term of our school year, I thought we might reflect on how children learn around the world and what makes a perfect classroom. Here are some pictures of three classrooms, the first is in India, the second is a classroom in Ethiopia and the third picture is a classroom in Indonesia.

I would like you to take a close look at these 3 classrooms and reflect in the following ways:

1. What do you observe about these classrooms? What is similar in each classroom?
  2. Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
  3. What makes a perfect classroom?
  4. What do you believe you need to be able learn and to receive a good education?

class1 class2 class3

One thought on “Homework Week 8 Term 3 – What Do You Need To Learn? Classrooms Around The World

1. August 30, 2015 at 1:03 pm

I LOVE this idea! Mind if I use it to start the school year with my grade 5/6 students in Canada?? We could share our thoughts with you!
    -Mr. C

2. Lochana
    August 31, 2015 at 9:58 am

1.What do you observe about these classrooms? What is similar in each classroom?
    I observe there is no shelter for classroom and facilities Examples are chairs, desks white board. A lot of students are crammed into one room.

2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    yes, they know education is important.

3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    Need good teachers, new technology,better classroom and money to improve all they can.

4.What do you believe you need to be able to learn and to receive a good education?
    I want to learn about language, maths and science

3. shakayla
    September 1, 2015 at 3:45 am

I observe that all the classrooms are different
    I think they are listening because they look focused and they have good eye contact with the teacher
    I think the perfect classroom would be with lots of active learners
    I think I would have to learn a lot to be a doctor.

4. Emma^.^
    September 1, 2015 at 3:47 am

All of the schools have no uniform. Two of the schools have no roof, one does.

2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    Yes I do think these children are learning because they have resources and if they don’t they can always use verbal contact.

3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    Paper pen book teacher friends and a classroom(does not need a roof.

What do you believe you need to be able learn and to receive a good education?
    paper pen book teacher ( awesome teacher) classroom and a friend

5. Tamara
    September 1, 2015 at 3:47 am

What do you observe about these classrooms? What is similar in each classroom?
    I observe that in the second picture that the kids have books to write in.
    Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    Yes they are learning because they have a teacher and if they didn’t have a teacher they would not be learning about anything.
    What makes a perfect classroom? With what makes a classroom perfect is by having a roof, windows, carpets, walls.

What do you believe you need to be able to learn and to receive a good education? I believe that boys and girls should have education to know what they need to do.

6. jazi
    September 1, 2015 at 9:38 pm

1.What do you observe about these classrooms?
    that in all of the classroom they are all learning. one of the classrooms has a roof but two don’t that one of the classrooms has lots and lots of people to get destracked by others.
    1. What is similar in each classroom?
    I think that the similar thing is that there is a lot of kids and 3 teacher one I each classroom. I think that it is similar that all the kids are learning.

2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    I think the children are learning because it is the same as our classroom but the only different is the classroom and how they learn it is still the same

3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    kids that want to learn some sunshine books pencils tecnoligy and a smart board some teachers aids a big classroom not a lot of people.

4.What do you believe you need to be able learn and to receive a good education?
    all you needs to learn is a book a pencil child or more and also a teacher and then we can learn.

September 2, 2015 at 5:56 am

I observe that in the Ethiopian classroom, there is a lot of students and it is very crowded. They all have books somewhere to sit and someone teaching them.

2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    Yes, because the Indonesian classroom has a black board and the children have paper and books.

3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    To make a perfect classroom you need an awesome teacher, students who are active learners and some resources.

To have a good education you need to have persistence because there will be troubles on the journey. You also need to pay attention to what the teacher is saying.

This is what a perfect classroom looks like.

8. Shontae
    September 2, 2015 at 5:56 am

1. they all have a book to wright in.
    2. they’re all focusing and not being silly.
    3.it looks like a great teacher.

2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    1/India. yes because they don’t have anything to fiddle with.
    2/Ethiopia. no because they’re crowded and it might heart.
    3/Indonesia. yes because they have a wide space and no distractions.

3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    to make perfect class room you need teach, no pen/pencil or book until you need it, maths, science, art, writing, reading, 1 helper and something for the teacher to wright on.

book
    pencil
    math
    writing
    reading
    computer/iPad
    teacher
    be

9. danica
    September 2, 2015 at 8:18 am

1.I observe that they have a cork borde, I observe chares.

2. I think they are still learning because they don”t have to have a table they don”t need a chere they need their teacher and a board that is it.

3. Someone that makes a perfect classroom is table and chares, black board, books, pencils and teachers.

4. you need a lasing ears , a teacher, a table and a chaere.

from Danica have a very great day

10. Hayden
    September 2, 2015 at 8:45 am

I observe there is no desks or chairs, whiteboards and bags. none of them have technology.
    2.Do you think children are learning in these classrooms? Why or Why not?
    no because there is nothing to do there is no play equipment.
    3.What makes a perfect classroom?
    be an active learner, tables, chairs and laptops.
    body posture, laptops, ipads, a good teacher like mrs joyce.

11. mikayla
    September 3, 2015 at 5:35 am

they’re are all reeked
    I think they are all learning because they’re all looking at the person who is talking
    I think it’s a perfect class if you have a good teacher like you Mrs Joyce and lots of money
    have a good teacher like you ignore distractions be organised and listen to the teacher when they tell you to do somthig

12. September 3, 2015 at 5:41 am

I observe there is on desks or
    chairs whiteboards and bags.

13. Emma^.^
    September 3, 2015 at 5:53 am

All three classrooms are made from stone.
    All of the classrooms have very little learning supplies.
    Most of the students look happy

14. Robert
    September 3, 2015 at 5:54 am

I observe different classes or schools.
    no because there is nothing to do.
    A perfect classroom need tables and chairs.

15. jayden.b.
    September 3, 2015 at 10:05 pm

1. no sheler
    2.yes they are

3.active learning
    4.tachers

16. Lavender-May
    September 8, 2015 at 8:06 am

1. What I observ about these classrooms that are similar are that their eyes are on the teacher and paying attention, they all have books and there is no computers or iPads. In India and Ethiopia the classrooms have quite a lot of children, but in Indonesia the class is quite smaller and is outside with a lovely veiw.

2. I think the children in these classrooms are learning because their eyes are on the teacher and if they were not learning we mite see a picture of children mucking around.

3. What makes a perfect classroom is a teacher that wants to teach and children that want to learn.

4. What I believe you need to be able to learn and receive a good education is a great teacher, a teacher that wants to teach and is excited about teaching their students.