What is in a refugees backpack?

Refugees who are fleeing their countries have to travel light. Here is what they carried with them.

Think deeply and answer the following questions:

1. If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack?
  2. What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip
  3. Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?
  4. How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation.

One thought on “Homework Week 2- Term 4: What is in a refugees backpack? @viflearn @edcampglobal #globaled

1. Danica
    October 19, 2015 at 6:33 am

backpack?

My favorite teddy
    clothes
    Favorite toy

What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip

I learnt that that refuges have lots of there splashily things with them

Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?

Because they were expensive and because they were is sons socks

I would feel worried because i am sleeping in a place where i don’t now
    and because they dont have food or water

2. Josh
    October 19, 2015 at 7:41 am

1.If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? I would put clothes my valuables and insterments or something that I am good at

What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip
    Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? Because he said they were valuable to him

How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. I would be nervous and shy because there would millions of people

3. Jazi
    October 19, 2015 at 9:02 pm

Favourite teddy
    Value clothiers
    Something that I am good at
    SMALL Blanket
    Thing that my family
    What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip?
    That don’t pack to much stuff because it’s too heavy
    Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?
    The man said they were valuable to his kids
    It would be heart breaking because you might have treasure that are to big or to heavy

October 20, 2015 at 6:06 am

Clothes
    A book
    Something I’m good at
    Something that reminds me of family
    Notebook and pen

2. What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip?
    That they would pack things that were light, so it wouldn’t weigh them down. They packed things that were valuable to them so that it could help them remember about home.

3. Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?
    They were so important because he lost 2 socks of his two children and they were really expensive to him.

I would feel disappointed because I wouldn’t be able to take the things that were big or too heavy.

5. Jayden m
    October 20, 2015 at 8:00 am

backpack? I would pack my teddy a book something I’m good at water.
    What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip some had to trhow there bag of the boats.
    Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? There the only socks that he has.
    How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. I would be terrified because there can be robbers.

6. Lavender-May
    October 20, 2015 at 7:54 pm

1. I would place in my back pack some clothes, a water bottle, a small blanket and some pencils and paper.

2. I learnt from the video that they pack something very valuable to them to remind them of home and their family.

3. The socks were important to the man because they were his sons and very valuable to him.

4. If I was one of the refugees I would feel very frightened because we would have to flee our home very quickly

7. coby
    October 20, 2015 at 11:18 pm

1.If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? I wad pak a per of benojws soks shos and a poto.
    2.What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip you wuld ned to lef klek.
    3.Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? he got them of hes mum.
    4.How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? I wud fell sged because I wad need to lef my famly. Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. it lel be good that he packt
    hes harkut stuf

8. Tamara ^.^
    October 20, 2015 at 11:22 pm

1. I would put into my backpack some clothes, a water bottle, a small blanket and some pencils and Texta’s and a colouring in book.

2. I learnt from the video that they pack their bag by them self and they remember about their family.

3. The socks are important to the man because they were his sons socks.

4. If I was one of the refugees I would feel very, very frightened because we would have to fly home very quickly.

9. hayden
    October 20, 2015 at 11:32 pm

1.If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? food, cloes, knife, canopnu, wood, sheas, pilo blo up bed.

2.What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip. pack sum thing to play to get some money.

3.Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? mabey his shoos rub on his feat or his sun and dorter.

4.How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. sverd no were to go if you don’t no the plays you shood go were your mum has shoen you a plase.

10. Emma *^.^*
    October 21, 2015 at 2:46 am

My bow tie, dog, my birth teddy, an apple, some water and some clothes.

What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip
    I learnt that refugees have to travel light.

Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?
    Very expensive and belonged to his children.

I would feel miserable because I am the lady that had to drop her bag in the sea and I would feel a little bit of hope because I as her had a tent

11. Jassmyn
    October 21, 2015 at 2:51 am

I will put my foods in the bakepack water and my clothes and my phone
    I learn that the had clothed in has backpacks and at the end a man has no clothes
    That the kids Socks and he has no memory of them
    I will fell shy becaus it just to hard to be one in front over my friends๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜‹

12. Lochana ^.^
    October 21, 2015 at 2:57 am

If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? I will put clothes and shoes and bags.

What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip?
    There want money to eat foods.

Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?
    Because it’s his kids socks.

How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation ?
    I would feel like sad because I don’t have money

13. October 21, 2015 at 8:18 am

1. I would pack:
    – A blanket
    – A torch
    – A rope
    – A pocket knife
    – A change of clothes
    – A water bottle
    – Any food I could get
    – Some pens and a notebook
    – A book
    – A watch
    – A picture of my family
    – Any money I could get
    – A brush and hair ties
    – Some rubber bands

2. I learnt that the very little they had was very precious to them even if it was a comb or some socks.

3. The socks were important to him because they belonged to his children. They might have been his only memory of them.

4. I would be scared, sad, and angry because I couldn’t live in peace.

14. Robert
    October 22, 2015 at 4:22 am

15. tyrone
    October 22, 2015 at 4:29 am

Think deeply and answer the following questions:
    1.If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? A money jar, water, some money, cloths, blanket, something I’m good at
    2.What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip They can only back small amount of stuff and if they had to much stuff they had to throw out the bag
    3.Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? they belonged to his kids. It might have been his only memory of them
    4.How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation I would feel sad because I would have to leave my family and my home

16. jayden.b.
    October 22, 2015 at 5:48 am

1.i would put my lucky headband and clothes and my teddy like no face
    2.i learnt that they pack light things
    3. his sons socks were very special to him
    4.i feel like crying

17. Shontae
    October 23, 2015 at 1:35 am

1. T-shirt
    2. Shorts
    3. Pants
    4. Jacket
    5. Hola hoop
    6. Sunscreen

You should take something special.
    You need to make sure it’s light.
    Take something you good at, to get money.

I would feel rushed, stressed, scared.

I choose the mum and son and I would defently feel stressed like it’s all up to her because she has to hold onto her sons bag and try to hold on to her son, her son s bag and her bag.

18. Ethan
    October 23, 2015 at 1:38 am

1.If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? I would pack my favourite teddy and clothes and a pictures of my house and my pets.
    2.What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip? They pack light weight in there backpacks.
    3.Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man?Because they were his sons socks.
    4.How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? I would feel horrified because you can’t pack everything.
    Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. I would feel like I could just stay where i always was.๐Ÿ˜

19. Brandon
    October 23, 2015 at 1:39 am

I would pack some food and my tedy some water a whistle a pear of seres and brush.

20. Bailey
    October 23, 2015 at 1:46 am

If you had to leave your home quickly and you only had a backpack. What would you place in your backpack? I would have a blanket, blowup pillow, floot, hat, money tin, 6 bottles of water and a drawing kit.
    What did you learn about refugees by watching the short video clip? I learnt that refugees take things that can build up there money.
    Why were the two pairs of socks so important for the man? Because they were his children’s.
    How would you feel if you were one of the refugees? Choose one and explain what it would be like to be in their situation. I would be very depressed because I would have to leave the home when I have a lot ofbelongings that I didnt have enough time to get it.