Homework Week 8: Observe, Wonder, Infer

Look and Learn: The Eye

This week 3/4J you will need to look at the picture and think critically. Making observations, asking questions and deciding on inferences.

eye

2. What questions can you ask about this picture? Ask questions that start with how and why but don’t be afraid to ask some closed questions as well starting with what, when or where.
  3. Make 3 inferences about the picture. Start you sentences with I infer…… – Inferring is making a prediction about what you think is happening in the picture. Be creative!!!!

One thought on “Homework Week 8: Observe, Wonder, Infer

1. Yewande
    March 7, 2016 at 5:42 am

1. Look at the picture, what do you observe (see) in the picture. Write as many observations as you can. tears,an eye,dark clouds,black wavy water,long and short eyelashes.

3. What questions can you ask about this picture? Ask questions that start with how and why but don’t be afraid to ask some closed questions as well starting with what, when or where. where is the picture at like where did the get the picture? why is it black and dark blue? why is there a eye with no body? who took the picture? why does the picture show someone crying?

3. Make 3 inferences about the picture. Start your sentences with I infer…… – Inference is making a prediction about what you think is happening in the picture. Be creative!!!!. I infer its a girl/woman because girls/woman have long eyelashes. i infer she/he is crying about something bad that have happened. I infer that it is from the olden days because it’s dark and it’s grey a bit and a tiny bit of white

2. Angel
    March 7, 2016 at 7:53 am

Eye
    Eye drops
    Water
    Clouds
    Darkness
    Eyelashes

Why is the eye not on it’s body?
    What made this eye cry?
    How did the eye escape the body?

I infer that something happened in the water.
    I Infer that the eye is crying.
    I infer that a cloud got in the eye and made it water.

3. jade
    March 8, 2016 at 6:50 am

eye, tears, water, ripples, darkness, clouds, eyelashes.

2.What questions can you ask about this picture? Ask questions that start with how and why but don’t be afraid to ask some closed questions as well starting with what, when or where.
    were did the eye come from?
    why is there so much water under the eye?
    what made the eye cry so much?

3.Make 3 inferences about the picture. Start you sentences with I infer…… – Inferring is making a prediction about what you think is happening in the picture. Be creative!!!!
    I infer that it is crying because it has got bulled.
    I infer that it is over the sea or ocean.
    I infer that it is in heaven.

4. Tori-kate :)
    March 8, 2016 at 7:35 am

an eye black and white water tears riples long and short eyelashes darkness clouds .
    why dose the boy/girl have no body?
    how can it stay up.
    is it real or fake.
    I infer the eye is in heaven.
    I infer the eye is sad.
    I infer its over the sea.

5. Nanjera
    March 9, 2016 at 2:01 am

An eye
    water drops
    eye lashes
    crinkled water
    skin
    dark clouds
    tears

why are they crying?
    is it a boy or a girl?

is it dark?
    why are there some dark colours?
    she could be sad because she hurt her self
    she is in the clouds

water

why are they cry?
    Is she depressed?
    are they tears of joy?

• tyrone
      March 9, 2016 at 2:54 am

I infer they are cry because she is sad and maybe depressed
      I infer she’s depressed because she is cry

7. byron
    March 9, 2016 at 2:13 am

1. 1.Look at the picture, what do you observe (see) in the picture. Write as many observations as you can.
    I can see an eye, black sky, puddle of water, tears.
    Why is there an eye? Why is the sky black, is it night time? What has made the eye cry?
    I infer the tears are making puddles.
    I infer the eye is a cloud crying.
    I infer the tears will start a storm.

8. Tyson
    March 9, 2016 at 2:43 am

Observations
    Someone crying
    Black and white
    Storm
    Tears dropping into the ocean
    Questions
    Why is someone crying?
    What is the reason why the person is crying?
    Inferences
    She/he is crying
    Is on a boat
    Middle of the pacific ocean

9. Jimmy
    March 9, 2016 at 3:01 am

eye
    the eye looks like a girls eye. she looks like she is crying.
    why is she crying. why is she sad.
    prediction about what you think is happening in the picture. Be creative!!!!
    I infer that she is crying. I infer she is sad. I infer that the eye belongs to a girl.

10. Betty
    March 9, 2016 at 3:03 am

look at the picture what do you see in the picture
    eyelashes
    eye
    tears and black

11. Olivia
    March 9, 2016 at 9:03 am

Water
    Clods
    Darkness
    Droplets
    Eye
    Eye lashes

12. Lavender-May
    March 9, 2016 at 8:27 pm

In the picture I see, darkness, despair and sadness.i see an eye in dark clouds with tear dropping into the ocean.

2. What questions can you ask about this picture? Ask questions that start with how and why but don’t be afraid to ask some closed questions as well startinwith what, when or where.
    Some questions I had were, why is the eye crying? Where in the world is this eye, and why is it dropping down tears?
    How long has the eye been crying for?

I infer in this picture that the darkness is there because something might of happened in the past. There may be a dreaded feeling behind this picture and I think all of the water is the eyes tears of something horrible that had happened in the past.