camp3

3/4J we have been provided with one of the most amazing opportunities. There is a project ran from a place called Edinburgh. The project is called LIVED. LIVED teaches children like yourself about the growing world crisis called displacement. This is when people need to leave their homes because of many different reasons. Syrian refugees at Zaatari are experiencing displacement.

You know Mrs Joyce, I found this fabulous group of people and I had to try and see if there was an opportunity we could be involved, to help our understanding of the children living in Zaatari.

LIVED have a team of people that travel to schools and run workshops about the a video they have made called ‘Learning To Swim’. This film is made about the many different children living in Zaatari. We are very lucky to be able to see this video because it is usually only viewed as a teaching workshop. Australia is a long way for the LIVED team to travel. Mrs Joyce has been given permission from LIVED for us to watch and and use the video for our writing and learning.

I feel very honoured to be able to work with you on developing our understanding of Zaatari and LIVED will be waiting for feedback on your thoughts.

Here is a trailer of the video to give you a sneak preview:

One thought on “Life Changing Opportunity Teach My Ss About Displacement Thanks To @LIVEprojects Edinburgh

1. yewande
    May 31, 2016 at 12:33 am

I felt shocked when the kids said they have not went to school.

I felt surprised because the kids said they had to move to another place and they miss their home.

2. Angel
    May 31, 2016 at 12:33 am

I learnt that camp zaatari has fun things to do for the children of camp zaatari and when they have fun they forget all about there homes

3. Jade
    May 31, 2016 at 12:35 am

I learnt lots of people want to be a teacher or doctor but they don’t have a education.
    Lots of people are poor and regretted. It wouldn’t be a nice place to live. People are very emotional inside. They miss their family. They don’t like where they live. They are grateful that they are safe.

4. Arizona
    May 31, 2016 at 12:37 am

How can we survive the world to help camp zaatari.
    Why do they change from a tent to a caravan.
    Why does camp zaatari have weird toilets.

5. Jimmy
    May 31, 2016 at 12:38 am

I learned that the children of camp zaatari are por,sad,rejected,some are orphaned and some are even separated from their families.Lots of people want to be a doctor,police man and a teacher but can’t because they can’t go to school.

6. Betty Lavender may
    May 31, 2016 at 12:38 am

I learnt that you need to register to be a refugee.
    I learned that they wanted to be a teacher or a doctor, but they didn’t go to school.
    No one said they like Camp Zaatari.
    They go to a hill to play cards.
    At the start of the clip they said why are you upset smile.
    They liked were they lived not the camp.

7. Nha all
    May 31, 2016 at 12:39 am

1. I learnt that the children miss three home children want to go to school it made me feel worried and I learnt that Zaatari kid have a big hartet and at the campin it dusty an d dertey I learnt that hot there and they have tecanlege and they swimm in rani wage in a big puddler. And they get wate from a big truck and non of them did like it and there a lot of camps three.

And I have a questions How can we make the chinlen understand The teachers?

8. Ayuen
    May 31, 2016 at 12:40 am

What I learnt is…
    -that the children in Zaatari don’t have any play grounds but still manage to have fun.
    -No matter what they will still miss their homes.
    -UNICIF helps them get through things
    – The children have very strong felling
    – some of them don’t like it at Zaartari

9. Sharhna
    May 31, 2016 at 12:40 am

Children of zaatari

1.I leant that the kids want to go to school and learn.
    2. I learnt zaatari children are safe.
    3.I learnt zaatari children have a big heart and they already know they want to be.

10. Olivia
    May 31, 2016 at 12:41 am

Why do they change from a tent to carivan?

11. Nanjera
    May 31, 2016 at 12:43 am

My feelings about the children at camp zaatari is so crushed and I feel so lucky in Australia because we are war free and we don’t have many bad things that happen in Australia except for displacement because in Australia we have very tight gun lours. So things that I learnt about camp zaatari is that it is boring and there’s no grass there, they call soccer football and football soccer. A lot of children REALY want to be teachers and doctors but they can not because they are not in school. A question I have is that are the teachers qualified enough to be a teacher? Here are three things to help the world unite, understand how others are feeling, and follow the golden rule.

12. Mal and Byron
    May 31, 2016 at 12:50 am

I feel sad because all of the people in camp zaatri are feeling sad we need to help them.and I learnt that parants will do anything to go back home

13. Tori
    May 31, 2016 at 12:52 am

What I learnt about children of zaatari
    – People think their going to stay for a few days and they don’t .
    – Lot’s of cultures pearnts have to pick their kids husbands.
    -Their hometown/Siria is pretty nice.
    -No matter how good camp zaatari gets they will still miss their homes.
    -The kids of zaatari love school.
    -We are lucky to be at school and to have lots of fun.
    -They play on hills and streets
    -there is no playgrounds
    -People over in zaatari know what they want to be and they don’t go to school to be what they want .
    -UNHCEF gives them ressorses.
    -Some kids hate the schools.
    -some teachers don’t understand the kids
    – The kids mangie to play without playgrounds

14. Sarah
    May 31, 2016 at 12:53 am

I learnt they never seen the ocean and some of the children are mesing their home some of them sleep just on a matrices and it’s dirty and the bath is small and some of the children are not happy because they want to go back to their home toget their cloths and other state they were going on the truck and some of them were jumping in rain water and someone got this boy to go swimming lesens and in Sierra they had to teach them salt how the swim and the children want to Bea teacher and they want to go to school and people has given a unicef bag to go to school.