Homework Week 1 – Term 3

This term we will be using OWIs (Observe, Wonder, Infer) to help us understand the books we read. When completing an OWI it makes us determine important facts (Observe), ask open-ended questions (Wonder) and make inferences for our questions (Infer). We present our OWI in a three column note with the headings Observe, Wonder and […]

via Homework – Term 3 Week 1 — ourgradeblog

July 14, 2016 at 3:00 am

O
    A dog and a cat,
    a cat in the tree,
    and some grass.

W
    why is the cat in the tree?

I
    because the cat might be tiered from running from the dog.

4. Betty
    July 14, 2016 at 3:01 am

cat
    dog
    tree
    I infer the dog had chased the cat so the cat is in the tree.

5. amealia
    July 14, 2016 at 3:02 am

I wonder why the cat is stuck in the tree. I infer the cat is stuck In tree because the dog scared the cat
    cat tree dog grass

6. yewande
    July 14, 2016 at 3:02 am

O
    a dog a cat grass tree

W
    I wonder why the cat is on the tree relaxing

I
    I infer the dog is trying to catch the cat because when dogs chase cat the cats go on trees

7. Ayuen
    July 14, 2016 at 3:04 am

O
    A dog a cat grass and a tree
    W
    I wonder why the dog is looking at the cat

I
    i infer that the dog wants to chase the cat.

8. sarah
    July 14, 2016 at 5:22 am

O
    dog cat tree grass.
    w
    I wonder what is the cat doing up the tree.
    I
    I infer that the dog is trying to wake up the dog

9. July 19, 2016 at 5:53 am

I observe that there is a dog looking at a cat in a tree.
    I observe that the dog is smiling at the cat.

I think that the dog is wondering on a plan to try and get the cat and eat it for it’s breakfast or to just play with it.
    I wonder why the cat wants to bully the dog?

I infer that the cat does not want to have a bar of the dog. The cat is trying to tease the dog because it can. The dog can not climb trees so it is the perfect spot for the dog to try and get the dog and for the cat to stir the dogs pot.
    I infer the dog is going to get bored of trying to get the cat and the dog will walk away at one point.
    I infer that the dog is smiling at the cat because the dog wants to stay there until the cat comes down and chew it up and make it look like a naked cat.