Aussie BMX Rider Takes On Europe

3/4J this week I have a challenge for you. Here is an amazing picture of an Australian BMX rider who actually trains and will compete in International BMX competitions across Europe. This weeks homework shows a picture of the rider in London doing what he is famous for, amazing BMX tricks. Here are your homework questions:

2. Is there anything that concerns you about the picture –  look closely and use your schema? State your answer with evidence.
  3. Who is the bike rider? A clue is his name is Nick. What state of Australia might Nick be from and how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX bike rider. Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person.
  4. Ask 2 open ended questions (How? Why? What if?) about BMX riding or travelling in Europe? Mrs Joyce will try hard to see if she can get Nick to answer your questions – how awesome would that be?

nick1

One thought on “Homework: Aussie Competitive BMX Rider Takes On Europe #education #globaled #aussieED #edutech #BMX

1. Maddison
    August 9, 2016 at 12:17 am

State your answer with evidence.
    Are you fooling hor berm
    I thin that he is a brfddd
    Why don you hav a ham it on.
    From Maddison.

2. Nanjera
    August 9, 2016 at 12:30 am

1. He likes to ride BMX because he is riding a BMX in the picture.
    2. He is a professional BMX rider that enjoys what he does.
    3. He love doing what he does and he trains all of the time and all he does is train eat train drink and things like that.

That he is not wherein get a helmet because he might want to where a SnapBack instead of a helmen even though SnapBacks are not very safety like.

Nick might be from Western Australia and he might have to train four-teen days a week, so that means he train twice a day.

Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person.
    1. Why don’t you where a helmet in London?
    2. How many days a week do you actually train?

That would be so Cool if he can answer my questions.

3. YoungYewande😜
    August 9, 2016 at 12:33 am

I infer that nick is well trained because he is doing dangoures tricks.
    I infer that he is practising because he is trying dangoures bike tricks.
    I infer that nick might fall and crack his head because he is not wearing a helmet

2. Is there anything that concerns you about the picture – look closely and use your schema? State your answer with evidence.
    That he can break his legs hands/arms or head because he has no helmet or hand and leg pads

I think he is in Queensland

Why is he not wearing a helmet?

What if he fall of his bike And breaks his hands/arm legs back or head.

Can you send a video?

4. Tori-Kate :)
    August 9, 2016 at 12:35 am

State your answer with evidence.
    I infer he is in a town or city centrer because there is a big tower behind him.
    I infer that he has trained a lot because he is really good at doing tricks.
    I infer that he is going to hurt himself because he has no potection like he doesn’t even have a helmet.

For one I think his name is nick Funston and he lives in Traralgon or some where near Traralgon

How come your not even wearing a helmet?
    How old are you?
    How did you become so talented?
    Have you seen any exciting sites like some statues in London

August 9, 2016 at 12:39 am

1. He does tricks, he is showing off, he is showing us that you don’t need helmets.
    2. He isn’t wearing a helmet, if he falls off he will hurt his head.
    3. His names nick, he would have had to train for 20 years and he is 40. He is from Traralgon.
    4. Why are you doing dangerous stunts?
    Can you send us video?
    Why aren’t you frightened that you will fall off?

6. Mal
    August 9, 2016 at 12:40 am

1. I infer that he isn’t scared.
    I infer that he loves BMX riding.
    I infer that he is 23 years old
    2. He isn’t wearing a helmet.
    3. I think that he is from WA, and he is 23 and he trains 42 hours a week.
    4. Why isn’t he wearing a helmet?
    Why does he have to train for hours?
    How do you know how to do really cool tricks?

7. Tyson
    August 9, 2016 at 12:40 am

I infer that Nick is fearless because he seems to have a strong experience with his BMX bike meaning that he would be very attached to that bike. I infer that he has came to a couple of accidents before because maybe he didn’t have any experience before he was famous.

I have concerns in this picture ire because one day, I reckon he is going to crash land on somebody else like a pedestrian crossing the road innocently with a young child. I have to say to Nick that he needs to keep one eye on the handle bars and one eye on where those wheels of his is going to end up. That’s my advice to you buddy! 🙂

I seriously can’t figure out the last name that you have. Mrs. J set a challenge to us and I can not say I am finished. Silly Mrs. J won’t let us Google Search you last name. The one hint we got was ‘Nick’. Nick nick nick… What is your Lastname? I wish to know what is it what you do when your off the bike? Do you go and sign autographs and stuff what the famous do.

This is just an educated estimation, but I believe you might live in Queensland, Victoria in Australia. Am I right? Or left? 😂

• Tyson Continued...
      August 10, 2016 at 3:37 am

I can infer that the the heat nick shall be tired and out of shape due to different timezones than Australia and London. You shall be very out of date when you get back to Traralgon. Rest well in your bed friend!!! 😂

8. Maddison🇦🇺💔☮
    August 9, 2016 at 12:41 am

Wot have you Sen. In up rip . Why don’t you have a hamit on. Can you seen
    USA a venous . State your answer with evidence.
    Who is the bike rider? A clue is his name is Nick. What state of Australia might Nick be from and how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX bike rider. Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person. Heslust name is fustinz
    Ask 2 open ended questions (How? Why? What if?) about BMX riding or travelling in Europe? Mrs Joyce will try hard to see if she can get Nick to answer your questions – how awesome would that be? Can you send questions a viteuo.

9. Sharhna
    August 9, 2016 at 12:41 am

I infer he is going to fall of. I infer he is going to crac his head open. I infer he is going to brake his leg.

State your answer with evidence.
    His doing something dangerous because he could break his neck.

Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person.
    I think his from south Australia.
    How can you do all them tricks? Why do you do all them tricks?

10. August 9, 2016 at 12:42 am

1.i infer nice is doing a tail whip because he is in the air.

2. I think nice lives in Victoria because he knows Mrs Joyce.
    I think he trains everyday.

3. I am concerned about Nick tail whipping too soon and he will fail and get really hurt.

4. How many different bikes do you have?
    How do you know Mrs Joyce?
    What are the names of other tricks you can perform?
    How many hours do you practice for?

11. Ayuen
    August 9, 2016 at 12:43 am

I infer that he is a professional BMX rider because he wouldn’t be famouse and wouldn’t be wearing no helmet if he wasn’t a professional bike rider.
    I infer that he is confident about his bike riding because he has not helmet so he must be confident.
    I infer that he doesn’t see his family a lot because he travels a lot.

What concerns me is that he has NO HELMET like no one knows if his going to fall or not fall or brake his neck.

State your answer with evidence.

What inspired you to be a BMX rider
    Why aren’t you wearing a helmet

12. August 9, 2016 at 12:44 am

I infer he a professional.
    I infer he tran to be a bind rider ror the Olympic.
    I infe he in a town or in a city.

Why is he not whereing a hlament when he ridin a bimx Vick?

Qunelandes .
    Why are you not where a halmeme.
    Who old are you.
    How did you become a bimx.

13. Kyan
    August 9, 2016 at 12:44 am

Why don’t you have a helmet?
    How do you know Mrs. Joyce?
    How many bikes do you have and what types of bikes?
    Can you please send a video from overseas?
    You are cool as, nice kicks!
    Do you normally go around the world and show off?

14. Makiala
    August 9, 2016 at 12:45 am

1.What can you infer about the BMX rider? Provide 3 inferences using evidence from the picture.
    I infer that he is a professional BMX bike rider. because he has 1 leg and 1 arm on the bike.
    I infer that he is around (approximately) 16 or 17 years of age. because he looks old.
    I infer that he is riding in a city or in a town. because there is a lot of people around he and watching him.

what concerns me the most is if nick falls off the BMX bike and cracks his head open and has to go to hospital and get surgery and might die because he only has 1 leg and 1 arm and the BMX bike.!:(

His name is NICK and I think he lives in the WESTERN AUSTRALIA. ! 😉

How did you get so good at being a BMX bike rider?.
    Why did you decide to become a professional BMX bike rider? .
    and is your last name THUMPSTON

15. Olivia
    August 9, 2016 at 12:45 am

Is there anything that concerns you about the picture – look closely and use your schema? I’m worried about he has no helmet. I think he is fearless because he is doing dangerous tricks I infer in London you don’t have to wear a helmet because he is not wearing one I think he is in a town square because of the big billings

State your answer with evidence.
    Who is the bike rider? A clue is his name is Nick. What state of Australia might Nick be from and how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX bike rider. AllHint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person.all week and I think he lives in new south whales.

Ask 2 open ended questions (How? Why? What if?) about BMX riding or travelling in Europe? Mrs Joyce will try hard to see if she can get Nick to answer your questions – how awesome would that be? How long have you been riding? Have you fallen off a bike before?

16. Tyrone
    August 9, 2016 at 12:46 am

He’s a dare devil because well just look at him doing that awesome trick!
    He’s fully trained because a normal style BMX rider will still be learning to do a flip on a BMX.
    He’s toatlly crazy because HE HAS NO HELMET!!

Is there anything that concerns you about the picture.
    NO HELMET ON HIS HEAD
    He could fall of and hurt himself and others.

Who is the bike rider? Well his names is nick and he’s a international BMX rider.
    What state of Australia might he be from? My guess is he’s from W.A. ( Western Australia)
    how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX? I would say he trains half a day on his BMX and the rest on his body.

Why does he do awesome tricks on BMX?
    How did his story begin?
    Why is nick traveling across Europe?

17. Betty
    August 9, 2016 at 12:47 am

I infer that Nick has had a trainer because he is very successful
    It concerns me that he doesn’t have a helmet.
    Nick. I believe you live in WA Aus.
    Why don’t you wear a helmet whilst you do your stunts?

18. August 10, 2016 at 3:40 am

What can you infer about the BMX rider?
    * I infer that Nick is riding a bike doing a holding bar twist.
    * I infer that there is a lot of people there and no one is looking at him and they should be.
    * I infer Nick will be bike rider for the next 5 to 10 years.

Hey Nick, How long are you going to be a bike rider for? and why did you become a bike rider?

By Owen

19. Jimmy
    August 11, 2016 at 10:45 pm

1. What can you infer about the BMX rider? Provide 3 inferences using evidence from the picture. I infer that Nick is a pro at this because he’s doing a bar spin bunny hop. I infer that he’s doing a bar spin because the bars are spinning in the picture. I infer that he’s doing a bunny hop because he’s in the air with no ramp.

2.Is there anything that concerns you about the picture – look closely and use your schema? State your answer with evidence.yes because he’s not wearing a helmet in the picture.

3.Who is the bike rider? A clue is his name is Nick. What state of Australia might Nick be from and how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX bike rider. Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person. Nick Funston. I infer that lives in Victoria. 15 hours

4.Ask 2 open ended questions (How? Why? What if?) about BMX riding or travelling in Europe? Mrs Joyce will try hard to see if she can get Nick to answer your questions – how awesome would that be? Why did he become a BMX rider? Why does he wan to compete against Europe?

20. Lavender-May
    August 12, 2016 at 3:56 am

I infer Nick is being dangerous because he has no helmet and is not hanging on to the handles while in the air. I infer Nick has been trained for quite some time because he is doing tuns of cool tricks. I infer Nick has had the BMX for a while because how else would he do these tricks so good.
    State your answer with evidence.
    HE HAS NO HELMET and this concerns me because if he did ever fall of his BMX he might hurt himself quite a lot.
    3.Who is the bike rider? A clue is his name is Nick. What state of Australia might Nick be from and and how long would he have to train in a week to be such a fabulous international BMX bike rider. Hint: Mrs Joyce actually personally knows this famous person.
    I think Nick lives in Vic Australia and it would probably take 9 years because it would take a very very long time to learn to do AMAZING stunts and tricks like nick.
    How do you keep your BMX intact? What if his BMX bike broke?

21. bmxphilo
    September 4, 2016 at 4:20 pm

Duuuude the environment must be awesome!! Riding in Asia is so different than riding in Europe…