School bags around the world
‘As children in the Northern Hemisphere have almost all gone back to school, the inevitable discussion about school bags and what our children should be carrying on a daily basis on their back is back on the agenda’. (Piri-Piri Lexicon)
Take a look at the website http://www.thepiripirilexicon.com/2014/09/school-bags-around-world.html and explore different school bags that children take to school.
- Are there any similarities to our school bags in Australia?
- What surprised you about any of the bags and which country was the bag from?
- What do you notice about the weights of the bags?
- Can you prepare your school bag to look like the ones in the picture, so Mrs Joyce can take a picture to share with the world?
- What do you think your bag would weigh?