Week 1 Of The #100wc Begins – See The Prompt

3/4J we will begin our journey into the world of the 100 word challenge for writing. We will learn about how to write in 100 words and the importance of using descriptive vocabulary to make your writing interesting. If you do a great job Mrs Joyce can send your piece to possibly be picked for the weeks showcase.

Week #1
Welcome to a new year!

Hello everyone and welcome to the start of a new year of 100 Word Challenge posts! We have lots of exciting prompts to share and challenge you with!

Latest prompt

The first prompt of the year is here at last. You need to really think about where you could take it. The prompt is:

…and I thought “well what a start”…

Things to consider:

What is beginning?
Is it a good or a bad start?
What has happened and what is going to happen now?

The link will remain open until Saturday 10th September

One thought on “Week 1 Of The #100wc Begins – See The Prompt

1. Owen
    September 5, 2016 at 12:09 am

100 word chalenj there is a creepier’ atoned I do no’t know what to do at all but I know 1 thing I chode runaway because crepor’s explode in 123 or 4 seconds and I don’t what to die to day I onaley what to die when I am Dede but if I run backwards there’s zobes I jest know I an going to give but I dedent some one saved me but I do not know he’s name but ufter a cupall of day’s he dally me his name is hero thak’s for saving me hero your welcome.

• Tyson
      September 5, 2016 at 12:23 am

Great Minecraft 100 Word Challenge Owen! I like the Minecraft scene you have set up in your little square of text.

2. September 5, 2016 at 12:19 am

100 Word Challenge (Week Piece 1)
    …and I thought “well what a start”…
    By Tyson Gill

Book. 72-Story Treehouse. Terry? Check. Any? Check. Scribbletorium! What kind of stupid is that?!?! Another one of Terry’s inventions. Better go check it out… I walked to the scribbletorium and I thought, “Hey, this isn’t bad”. I want to have a scribble. So I scribbled, and scribbled, and scribbled, AND SCRIBBLED! The scribble put on the walls of the scribbletorium grew bigger, and bigger, and bigger, AND BIGGER! To the point that all the scribbles on the wall turned to life. And it scribbled, and scribbled, and scribbled, AND SCRIBBLED … and I thought “what a start” …

3. Makiala
    September 5, 2016 at 12:20 am

“Vroom, Vroom” goes my engine.” Beep, Beep” goes my horn. Whoosh go the flags. Wow! I fly like the flash. Crash! I drive into the wall because of the driver next to me and I thought well what a start. I go to recovery and the repair my car. They hit my car twice I drive off and thought well I can still drive but I don’t feel well but I an 4th no 5th no 6th no 5th no 8th I hit 8th but also hit my accelarator WOW! I fly Wow I’m 1st wait 2nd YAY I’m 1st. Yes the race is finished I win 9,000,000 dollars. WINNER

4. September 5, 2016 at 12:25 am

A DARK FOREST
    One day there was a dark forest and a grizzly alligator just when I was about to leave on my wooden boat it broke.
    I had to sleep in the dark forest with the alligators and a poisonous snake in front of my eyes.
    I’m trying to make a plan to go back to my house I’m going to call someone AHH!
    I have no reception lucky a airplane flew past me.
    I made a signal saying HELP and then the airaplain came down help me I can see the huge alligator and that poisonous snake I need to get to my house and I thought well what a start to my journey.
    111 words

• September 5, 2016 at 12:29 am

Great Work Arizona. Dark forest = scary for me. How are you going to get out?

5. September 5, 2016 at 12:27 am

100 Word Writing
    One horrifying night , I decided to watch the movie Honted House 2. Ahhhh! The couch is moving call 000, really I think what are they going to do? I stop worrying. I’m just tripping. And I thought well what a start saying to ring the police ( not ). I continue whaling the movie, and I say to myself hay the character looks like me but dying. Suddenly the power turners off and all I can hear is Bloody Mary screaming in my ear, and saying ” GET OUT OF MY HHOOUUSSEE!!!! Then the power comes back on and there are dead dolls surrounding ME!!! I WONDER WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT????

Nanjera

6. Makiala
    September 5, 2016 at 12:30 am

AraZOnia your one sounds scarey

7. Tori
    September 5, 2016 at 12:30 am

Beep the horn goes to start the car race. I try to go . Come on please start . My car starts I wont make it I can’t get all the way to the middle of the town now. The race goes all over the town. Oh no my car lost a wheel! I go to recovery, the recovery guys fix my wheel I’m back on track come on Vroom I sweep away, I catch up to the other contestants. I’m coming up I can see the finish. I thought well what a start. I came 1st I win 9,000,000 dollars like my other contestant Makiala

8. Sharhna
    September 5, 2016 at 12:33 am

As i put the creepy cartoon movie in the DVD player noises came from
    everywhere and I thought well what a start i wondered why it didn’t
    want to start. I wonder what the noises were? I was so surprised i really wanted to watch the movie. I called mum she came in asking me what happened i told her that the movie
    wasn’t working so she worked her magic. I was happy. I thanked her i started to watch it then I
    realised I was watching the wrong movie i was watching Hotel Transalvanila.
    I wanted to watch coraline. Time to start all over again and I thought well what a start
    I seem to be achieving northing.

• September 5, 2016 at 12:38 am

Nice one Sharhna! Great job on the DVD player scene. Creepy but good story. Keep up the good work.

9. Betty
    September 5, 2016 at 12:35 am

I’m trying to build a super dopier fast cart. I can’t get distracted. I’ve got to get to the track! I’ve finally finished so I’m glad for it. I get to the race track and it’s crowded. I get to my spot. All of a sudden the speakers announced “On your mark get set go!” My engine roars! I get to the middle of the track and BANG! I thought well what a start. My stomach aches with stress. Help arrives. I may not have won but I came 9th place. I thank my friend for helping me through.

• September 5, 2016 at 12:41 am

Good Work Betty! Shows that you have good sportsmanship

10. Matty
    September 5, 2016 at 12:44 am

It was my mums sisters birthday the family was supposed to be there duT they were late. I thought well what a start we celebrated the birthday by eating lots of yummy food we sang happy birthday and her cake was huge. With pink icing (to be finished)

11. Tyrone
    September 5, 2016 at 12:46 am

100 word challenge
    Here at last, I’ve finally made to the village cinema,I got my ticket I got yesterday so I rushed down to room 87. I sat down on the seats “finally I said I can finally watch “sponge bob”( or should I say conjuring 2)

The stupid previews came on, on the way to school etc etc etc. Don’t you just hate the previews yeah me to , then the movie came on THE CONJURING 2 then glitch glitch…. BOOM the screen explode no!!! Tomorrow

My patents just found out about the

12. September 5, 2016 at 12:46 am

One day there was a man called James. He was really fast. He is the fastest man in the world. Then race was starting get ready. His heart was beating fast then the starter said On your marks,get set GO!!!!!!!!!!! As James ran as fast as he could. He stopped. He thought” well what a start while James was running he didn’t want to win. He wanted other players to win. He had so so many medals

13. Ayuen
    September 5, 2016 at 12:48 am

One dRk stormy Halloween night my friend & I were watching a horror movie called conjewlry we were on the couch. As the movie began and I thought”well what a start”. As we were watching this terrifying movie my friend was so scared she held on to me so tight . Then all of a sudden the lights turn off and all the power turns off, the TV turns off and all the power turns off but there was still a little flash on I see it coming to me then I hear a scream going AHH ! The lights turn on all of a sudden I see my friend dead on the couch then behind the couch I see doll holding a knife I run out and say am I going to be next.

14. Jimmy
    September 5, 2016 at 12:49 am

My day has started. I go out of my house and climb up a giant tree stump. I finally make it to the top of the humongous stump. I take a deep breath and sigh. And then I look up and I see a giant bird! The giant thing looks at me back. It flaped it’s wings and flew up and then tried to swoop me! I ran and ran and ran then I threw a stick but he wouldn’t shake off! I finally get to my house and then I start to wake up. I walk out of my house and I thought to myself what a start to my day then I see the same bird and I say oh it wasn’t a dream.

15. makiala
    September 6, 2016 at 7:45 am

100 WORD CHALLENGE
    WRITTEN BY MAKALA
    FOCUSING ON A RACE MADE OUT OF CARS (RACE CARS)

“Vroom, Vroom” goes my engine.” Beep, Beep” goes my horn. Whoosh go the flags. Wow! I fly like the flash. Crash! I drive into the wall because of the driver next to me and I thought well what a start I go to recovery and they repair my car. They hit my car twice I drive off and thought well I can still drive but I don’t feel well but I am 4th no 5th no 6th no 5th no 8th. I hit 8th but also hit my accelerator. WOW! I fly WOW I’m 1st no 2nd YAY I’m 1st. yes the race is finished. I win 9,000,000 dollars

100 WORD CHALLENGE THANKS TO MRS JOYCE

16. Nyamal
    September 13, 2016 at 12:29 am

On a hot day what a really not fun day knock knock how there on this hot day like like this it the bannana guards what do you want from me you jake but its hot yerah we. Know that I bet that every candy is melting in this sticky hot day like this I bet that you banner guards your skin is peeling oof . how der you say that am sorry it just hot I try to go to the pool but it hot it hot but it jakes is stopping me from doing things well guess what if you don’t do thing you would get cool.