The World’s Ride — Steve McCurry’s Blog: Look To Learn #education #globaled

The bicycle is the noblest invention of mankind. – William Saroyan The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart. – Iris Murdoch Bicycle Haiku Wheels carried me from Youth to middle to old age Never complaining. – Kay […]

via The World’s Ride — Steve McCurry’s Blog

Go on Steve Mc Curry’s website and explore his amazing images of bikes.

1. Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
  2. What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
  3. Using adjectives describe one of the pictures in a descriptive 100 word challenge. Describe all the things in the picture. Choose one of the following sentence starters to start your piece. *Here I am……   *As I ……..

One thought on “The World’s Ride — Steve McCurry’s Blog: Look To Learn #education #globaled

1. Jimmy
    September 9, 2016 at 1:57 am

1. Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    INDIA .The bike is in the wet waves it’s a black bike

2. What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    All of the bike look a bit the same as Aussie bike but som

• Yewande
      September 9, 2016 at 2:10 am

Sorry miss Joyce mine just post I did not post on purpose sorry I accidentally press it when jimmy name was at the bottom

• September 9, 2016 at 2:11 am

All good Yewande I will fix it now. I just happen to be on my laptop and are reading all your answers. Say Hi to everyone.

2. Tyson
    September 9, 2016 at 2:06 am

1. The bike(s) in the picture appear to be brand new, tied to the train.
    2. The picture tells me that there is people from different country’s in the train because they have different skin colours than us Australian and Americans. There are no similar things about the train that I have seen in Australia.
    3. Here I stand in front of a completely different train of what I have ever seen in Australia. There is bikes hanging from the sides of it. Passengers wearing nothing but rags and things that were possibly from their beds on there homeless streets. Where possibly could they be going? As I run around on the sides of the train, I see the people/passengers once more. They don’t look too happy, at all! 😦 I want to know why they are so sad. Why? I wish I could help them. But what can I help them with???

3. Betty
    September 9, 2016 at 2:08 am

Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    The bicycle appears to be rusty. It’s also very strong because it is holding a cute baby and an adult that may be very heavy.
    What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    That they all have a bicycle to help them get some were. They all have a bicycle so they have a person to ride them.

4. September 9, 2016 at 2:08 am

India
    1.Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    A boy is going through some water and he dose not look happy. And his bike looks very dip

2.What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?

3.Using adjectives describe one of the pictures in a descriptive 100 word challenge. Describe all the things in the picture. Choose one of the following sentence starters to start your piece. *Here I am…… *As I ……..

5. Tyrone
    September 9, 2016 at 2:08 am

1. Flooded,dirty water. A little kid( around 5 to 6 yr of age) pushing a heavy gigantic bike across a dangerous flood.

2.There all doing what they love and what they like to do even if there in a middle of a flood or one a side of a dirty street they still have a bike to make things a little bit easy and funnier.
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I have hope for the human race.
    – H.G. Wells

3.As I walk tiredly past tough,strong ripples and scary waves, but I don’t care as long as I have my loving bike and strength in my heart and can get though any thing

6. Ayuen
    September 9, 2016 at 2:08 am

Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    In this country Mage there’s a train and there is bikes tied on to the train. The bikes are blue. And train has “NO” glass windows. It is in INDia
    What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar? that in the Pictures they all have bikes and the bikes all look exactly the Same
    What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?

7. Yewande
    September 9, 2016 at 2:09 am

1. Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    INDIA .The bike is in the wet waves and it a black bike and black bike is wet

2. What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    The bikes look a bit the same as Aussie bikes but some of the bikes are rusty

HERE I AM standing in front of everyone as I start to talk everyone started looking at their phone talking while I’m talking no one listened . This is my start I will finish it

8. Ayuen
    September 9, 2016 at 2:09 am

Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    I see a man walking through what looks lire a tunnel towards light.
    The bikes appear as a shadow above the man.

What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?

9. Jade
    September 9, 2016 at 2:10 am

1. Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    The bikes are out side of the train. When in tralgon you put your bike in the train.

2.What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    They don’t have other trainspote .they are fit and healthy. The bikes are in good use.

I am super tired from my big ride around town. As I fall on the ground for a rest.

10. Makiala
    September 9, 2016 at 2:10 am

Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.
    I chose Cambodia where the man is laying on the ground when it is raining. I noticed that the bike color is blue. I also noticed that it was really rusty and stiff.

What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    They are all bikes.
    The all have pics of the people that own the bikes.
    All different colours.
    All different types.
    All have something different about them.
    Some are rusted.
    Some are stiff.
    All the pics have the owners in the pics.

11. makala
    September 9, 2016 at 6:04 am

Describe one of the images and how the bike appears in the picture.

What do you notice about the pictures – What things are similar?
    They are all bikes.
    The all have pics of the people that own the bikes.
    All different colours.
    All different types.
    All have something different about them.
    Some are rusted.
    Some are stiff.
    All the pics have the owners in the pics.

Here I am laying on the ground in the rain next to my bike that lays on the ground beside me. I am very confident that no one is going to tread on me. Ore sho Ore sho Ore sho what I must not fall asleep in the middle of no where what I am in Cambodia the most dangerous place I have ever been. What this is the only place I have been. Aaaarrrrhhhh as i get up a thick big black very very fast great dane jumpes over me I look up and just see blackness. Whoa.

*Here I am……
    I didnt get to finishe the 100 word challenge
    100 word challenge
    written by makiala
    based on a bike and a man that lays on the ground in the rain on the concreat.