Mission Australia

On any given night, over 17,000 Australian children under 12 are homeless (ABS, 2012). #Independenceisprecious

Mrs Joyce travels the world and has seen poverty first hand in countries like India and China. What about Australia? We have poverty here but the world thinks because we are the lucky country we mustn’t experience poverty. Take a look at the following image from Mission Australia and then click on the link because the image is a 36o degree image:

mission

Think Critically:

1. What do you see?
  2. What questions do you have?
  3. What are the answers to your questions do you think?
  4. What can Australia do better?
  5. Write to sentence to explain you feelings?

One thought on “Poverty In Australia – What If This Was You? Do We Have Any Answers? Globaled # Poverty #Education

1. MEOW!!!! (Translation: Tyson)
    November 14, 2016 at 10:34 pm

…I see a homeless boy that lives illegally on the park bench in the cold. But, I don’t think the poor boy has a choice. ๐Ÿ˜ญ I wonder why he is homeless? He has a car, he could travel around if he could get petrol (that is). I believe he might be homeless because his parents might of died and he was left to live on his own. You can’t live in a house on your own if you are just a normal kid with no parents because you couldn’t pay bills, or get food. ๐ŸŽI think Australia can do better with homeless people and at least give them somewhere to live because we have plenty of land to spare and plenty of supplies needed for survival for the homeless, but eventually we might not be able to supply the homeless. We will eventually run out! ๐Ÿด My feelings for this innocent young boy and for all other homeless people in Australia is that I would really help / donate to these people in need. It just breaks people’s hearts to see homeless lying in the gutters dying from starvation by the minute. Australia should be able to do better than this…

2. Owen
    November 14, 2016 at 10:42 pm

1 what do you see? A boy that has jest a kupal of thinks like he need’s to slip in a car he has to Mack he’s food out side.
    2 What questions do you have? Why dusent he have a full home? Dues he go to school? Duse he have a family?
    3 What are the answers to your questions do you think? I think that he dus not have a family or go to school and I know that he Duse not have a full home.
    4 What can Australia do better? I think that Australia give him a full home and all of the stuff that he has but better.
    5 Write to sentence to explain you feelings? It is Sade that this porson Duse not have a full home it is frustrating that he dose not have a family because famaly is everything.

3. Jade
    November 14, 2016 at 10:46 pm

The young boys home is a park bench for a desk and community toilets that will propley smell and no showers.

How did he become homeless? Does he go to school and be safe? Dose the police know about him?

Many people are just waiting for a home. He says that he has a desk so he might go to school. Mrs Joyce told us that when they see a police they ran away because they will get hurt.

I feel helpless because I just learnt how bad there life is๐Ÿ˜ญ
    I feel happy because he goes to school and gets an education

4. Sharhna
    November 14, 2016 at 10:49 pm

What do you see?
    I can see a park playground, boys tolets,park bench that she uses as a desk and boys bedroom.
    What questions do you have?
    How did she become homeless? Why is she homeless?
    What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    I think she became homeless because there might of not being a spare house that someone had moved out.
    What can Australia do better?
    I think Australia should give everyone that is homeless a good home to live in instead of living in the park or in the streets homeless.
    Write to sentence to explain you feelings?
    I think it is disgraceful that a lot of people are living in the streets and the park.
    I think it’s sad that a lot of people who don’t have a good home and they can not have much food.

5. Dominic
    November 14, 2016 at 10:51 pm

What do you see: I see a messed up kid in a park living in a car

What questions do you have: How did he get in this situation. Where is his parents. How did he get the car.

What are the answers to your questions do you think: I think his parents have left him at the park and just whent back home to be by them selfs. I think that he stole the keys hoped in the car they drove off with it and now he lives in it.

What can Australia do better: Australia could give all those homeless people a new home so they can go to school and learn and they will have an education and so they can have a better future.

Write to sentence to explain your feelings: I feel really angry that parents are dumpeing there kids some were so they can have a fun time with no kids. I feel really upset that the kids parents are putting them somewere so then there kids have to stell or forehead for food.

6. Tori-kate
    November 14, 2016 at 10:54 pm

What do you see?
    I see a homeless boy that’s under 12 living in a creepy park.This boy uses uncleared toilets and a park bench for a desk. The descraseful community BBQ is their kitchen. Ad ark playground is all he has to play on.
    What questions do you have?
    Does this boy feel safe?
    Does this boy have pearents to guide him to safety rules?
    How does the boy feel about being homeless?

What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    I think the boy doesn’t feel safe.
    And has talked about safety rules with his parents.
    And his not happy about being homeless.
    What can Australia do better?
    Australia needs to improve and make more food shops that have food for no money and clothe stores but most important give people nice places to live instead of being homeless
    Write to sentence to explain you feelings?
    I think it’s sad that many people don’t have hood homes when they have rights to be their owns selves and Liv their life’s happily

7. Olivia
    November 14, 2016 at 10:56 pm

What do you see? I see a boy living in a van that is crowded. I see a boy that has a dirty community BBQ.

What questions do you have? Does anyone else live with him? How old is he?

What are the answers to your questions do you think? I think he is 10 because the text said ages under 12. I think there is some one with him because he said our kitchen.

What can Australia do better? Sell homeless people homes for free.

Write 2 sentences to explain your feelings? I feel sad that lots of kids are homeless under the age of 12.

8. Makiala
    November 14, 2016 at 10:59 pm

What do you see?
    I see a homeless boy/man Showing us around his home which is the park because that is what it says on he screen and it is a descrase that the use the toilets and don’t wash there hand after the toilets. We should help the needed people that suffer because they have no food and the only place that they can get a drink from is the park bubble taps which is gross because we don’t know what has been on them or have been around or it might have germs and you might get an infection or you might get sick and die.

I see a dirty bathroom that doesn’t get cleaned and he has to use it every day they smell and have no showers and the community uses them too because when they are at the park and the have to use them when the need to go to the toilet.

I see a dirty filthy place that a homeless boy/man has to use every day and the community has to use after they have been to the toilet they don’t have respect a don’t wash the hands and that teaches other people not to. We have to pesuade the government to let homeless people live a better life and get a better future. Some of the homeless people can’t read or write and we also have to pesuade the government to get a special school for the adults and children so they learn how to read and write and have a better future and the past we don’t have to worry because we are about to have a better future.

What questions do you have?
    Why would he be homeless?
    Where are his parents?
    Does he have any brothers or sisters/siblings?
    Why does he live in a van?

What are the answers to your question so think?
    He might be homeless because his parents might have been sick and his brothers and sisters might have died if he has any.
    His parent might be in the van asleep.
    He might have brothers and sisters but they might not be with him and the moment.
    He might live in a van because hue can’t afford a house or apartment.

Write a sentence explaining your feelings
    I feel devastated because I have never been in this moment but other people have Beenleigh worse situations than we have been in for the past 50 years.

• Makiala
      November 14, 2016 at 11:02 pm

Write a sentence explaining your feelings
      I feel devastated because I have never been in this moment but other people have been in worse situations than we have been in for the past 50 years.

9. Ayuen
    November 14, 2016 at 11:02 pm

What do you see?
    I see a boy who lives in a park with unclean toilets and living in a car with no comfort
    Kitchen, is a community BBQ, germs,lac of cleaning
    What questions do you have?
    Why don’t people who just walk pass homeless people actually help the homeless people it’s for your own safety?
    Why isn’t the government/president donate shelter for the homeless people?
    How does he have a van if his homeless?
    What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    Many people don’t do anything when there walk pass homeless people because they probably think the homeless people will harass them or beg them for food/money
    I think he had a van because he maybe wasn’t homeless back then
    What can Australia do better?
    Australia could actually help homelessness and not just sitting around and say there are going to be alright.
    Write to sentence to explain you feelings?
    I feel demoralized that people who don’t derserve to be homeless are on the streets with no food,shelter,water and comfort it’s really bad that they have to leave like this

10. November 14, 2016 at 11:02 pm

What do you see?
    I see a sad homeless person living in a park with a park bench as his desk and a car as his bed.
    What questions do you have?
    How did he become homeless?
    Why is he living in a park?
    How does he survive?
    How can he eat and what does he eat when he has not even a single dollar or cent?
    What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    I think he’s living in a park because he can’t find anywhere else to sleep or live.
    I think people who feel sorry for homeless people give food to homeless people.
    What can Australia do better?
    They can donate money to homeless people and give them a home to stay.
    Write to sentences to explain you feelings?
    I feel sad because they don’t have a home to sleep in and they don’t have proper roof over their head.
    I feel mad because people just care about their selfs and not people who are homeless hurt or in need.

11. Betty
    November 14, 2016 at 11:02 pm

What do you see?
    I see the boys bedroom which was a van and it didn’t look comfortable.
    What questions do you have?
    How old is he? Does he have parents? Where does he get his food from?
    What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    I think he gets his food from the bin and he eats scrapes or he begs and pleads for food. I think he might be young around 9 -15.
    What can Australia do better?
    Let people have a home and food.
    Write two sentences to explain you feelings?
    That I’m absolutely disgusted by people being homeless.

12. Nyamal
    November 14, 2016 at 11:03 pm

What do you see?
    I can see a park bench that we’re they could do there homework or dinner.

What questions do you have
    How did they and up there in the first place being homeless

What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    Mybey they never pay or did some thing rough or got kick out.

What can Australia do better? Do at and build half way house

Write to sentence to explain you feelings?
    I feel disappointed whith people how are homeless

I feel sad of people living on the road.

13. Dylan
    November 14, 2016 at 11:04 pm

how long has he been on the streets?
    How many people are in the family?

14. sarah
    November 14, 2016 at 11:07 pm

1.What do you see?
    I can see the boys bathroom and I think the bathroom is unclean
    And smells and no showers maybe.

2.What questions do you have?
    Does he have a family? How can we help the homeless people?

3.What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    We can help the homeless people by building houses so homeless people
    Can live and eat.

4.What can Australia do better?
    Australia can do better by buliding more and more houses and the
    Homeless people can’t even read or write we should make them go to school
    And learn to write and read.

5. to sentence to explain you feelings?
    I am upset because the homeless people need to get
    A education because they do not no how to read or write.

15. Jimmy
    November 14, 2016 at 11:09 pm

1.What do you see?
    Filthy toilets a park a community B.B.Q and a car next to a park bench.
    2.What questions do you have?
    How are people homeless?
    3.What are the answers to your questions do you think?
    I think it,s because of poverty or other reasons.
    4.What can Australia do better?
    Help homeless people.
    5.Write to sentence to explain you feelings?
    Sad and sorry.

November 14, 2016 at 11:13 pm

1.I can see a young boys home in the park with communal toilets, park bench and swings living in his car.
    2. Why is the boy homeless?
    What does he eat?
    How can he have a good life this way?
    How does he survive?
    3. He is homeless because he was being really naughty or his family can not look after him or they passed away.
    I think he eats junk food or grass.
    Playing on the park may take stress away.
    He’s done this for a while so he does what he has to and leavns along the way.
    4. Australia can put cameras everywhere to find homeless people and then help accomodate them in empty building so they aren’t outside.
    5. It makes me sad to think that there are people and children living in the streets that could be killed or even be kidnapped or could even starve to death.

all by Liam Holmes

17. Kyan๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
    November 14, 2016 at 11:17 pm

(1) I can see a sad, tires boy living out of his car in a park .
    (2) How did he become homeless ?
    Can he be happy this way?
    How does he have a van if he’ s home loss
    (3) Ran away from the police or from home Or his parents couldn’t take care of him.
    He can be happy if he visits friends
    his mum or dad could have given it to him.

18. Dylan
    November 14, 2016 at 11:38 pm

Australia shows help people to the read and ante education is Important.