Our Lovely Miss Joseline, Uganda – Children’s Own Made Wooden Motorcycles

Our Friend Ms Joseline shares more about her home Uganda with us.

Having got tired of walking long distance in search for water and using their head to carry it home, children have thought hard and made themselves wooden motorcycles to help them carry water home. It is unfortunate that they go fetching while other children are at school. They would be grateful is they could get support for their education.

Leave a comment to let Miss Joseline know what you think about the bikes and the idea of how the children have found ways to help them carry the water.ug8ug6ug5ug4ug3ug2Ug1

Ug1

One thought on “Our Lovely Miss Joseline, Uganda – Children’s Own Made Wooden Motorcycles

1. Joseline Korugyendo
    August 1, 2013 at 6:50 pm

Thanks Bronwyn for sharing. The hard life children face in search for water everyday has made them think tirelessly how they can save themselves the burden of carrying water on head thus making wooden bikes. It children’s work to fetch water for family use here in Uganda. They have become so creative.

• Kayleigh O'Neill
      August 6, 2013 at 6:25 am

I am proud that they have made things like that. I really hope that you get the water pump. Do you mind if I ask, Have you got a water pump yet? If you do TERRIFIC. If you don’t I will hopefully raise money for your students.

2. Luke
    August 5, 2013 at 4:31 am

My thoughts on this idea is that I think that it is a really good idea because it saves them walking up and down the hill and also carrying water bottles.

3. Jaymes
    August 5, 2013 at 4:35 am

This is amazing what I am seeing, I know how you all have been suffering in collecting water and now what you have done you could help the world in trying to collect water. I have a question or 2. How did you make the wood stay together? Also if you could, will you guys be able to help others that might be suffering for the same as what you guys suffered? Thanks for listening.

4. Jake
    August 5, 2013 at 4:37 am

My thought on this idea is a really good idea and that saves all the work and walking up and down with the water on your head.

5. Amy!!
    August 5, 2013 at 4:40 am

I think this idea is really great because they can at least walk properly because they don’t ha e bottles on their head

6. Ben
    August 5, 2013 at 4:41 am

That’s really cool! Those pimped out bikes are fantastic for carrying water and traveling in style!

7. Ben
    August 5, 2013 at 4:44 am

You should build a bucket on wheels!

8. Conner
    August 5, 2013 at 4:50 am

How did they make the bike? The roads look good where do they go to?
    Why do the kids get the water not the adults? It would be good if they had water closer so they can get school.

9. Jake M
    August 5, 2013 at 4:54 am

Cool invention, is like a bike, only bikes are metal, and have rubber, wheels. Hey, where can I get a wooden bike. 😀

10. August 5, 2013 at 7:57 am

Wow these bikes are a great idea. It can help the kids carry the water back and forth. I wonder how did they build these bikes? Wher I’d try get the tools I build these amazing bikes.