Today 3/4J you are going to explore 3D shapes by making them. The fun thing is we will be using marshmallows.
First I will need you to tell me everything you know about 3D shapes after learning with Mrs Fenech last week. I wonder what is the difference between 2D and 3D shapes.
Learning Intention: To be able to identify and find relationships in the number of vertices, edges and faces there are on different 3D shapes.
- Locate resources to build 3D shapes. Remember you have all the resources you will need – Marshmallows, Toothpicks, A3 sheet of white paper and a recording sheet.
- Identify how many edges the shape will need.
- Identify how many faces the shape will have.
- Identify vertices the shape will have.
- Check your shape is 3D.
- Draw you shapes you build.
- Record how many edges, vertices and faces.
- Compare two of your 3D shapes.