Look to Learn

What Makes You Say That?

1. What’s has happened in this picture?

2. What do you see that makes you say that?

A villager near the site of a landslide in Argo district, Afghanistan

One thought on “Look to Learn – What Makes You Say That? @Belouga_ #L2L @participate #SDGs #globaled

1. Alex Bradbury
    May 6, 2014 at 7:54 am

1.What has happened in the picture? I think there could of been a land slide because it looks muddy and it looks like some of the houses could of fallen in the water and some of the people could of passed away because the girl looks sad and lonely.
    2.What do you see that make you say that? The mud laying around and some of the ruined homes look like they could’ve been wreaked by the landslide. There is noone witht he girl. She is all alone. Maybe her family passed away and this is why she looks so sad?
    3. What if that was me all alone? How would I feel? I would feel upset and lonely if my family or friends passed away or if there was a land slide I would of been terrified or really really scared.:(

• May 6, 2014 at 9:33 am

Thank you Alex for completing your homework. The girl looks so lonely, she is surrounded by the devastation of a natural disaster. I think your inference about people possibly passing away was right. Many people lost their lives because of the landslide.
      From Mrs Joyce

• Liam Hibbins 4j
      May 7, 2014 at 3:55 am

well done alex that is a lot of thinking done I’m impressed great job

• Emily B
        May 8, 2014 at 9:50 am

You should put some more things in that paragraph Liam

2. Holly
    May 6, 2014 at 9:25 am

Hi Mrs Joyce
    What has happened in this picture.
    There was a land slide corsed by lots of rain and a flood.
    There was a drought.

What I see in the picture that makes me say that.
    I see a craked hill where the land slid.
    And I cant see much water.

How would you feel if this was you alone?
    I would feel lonely because there’s now one around.
    I would feel free because I’m not locked up inside and I’m outside in the open.

• May 6, 2014 at 9:30 am

Thank you Holly for submitting your homework. The landslide in Afghanistan created hardship for many people in the local communities. I really like your comment about the girl feeling free for a moment. She looks like she is taking some time to reflect and think possibly about her future.
      From Mrs Joyce

3. Holly
    May 6, 2014 at 9:33 am

Hi Alex
    Great job I think that there could of been a land slide as well
    I like the way you said that because of the way she looked that she was
    Sad lonely and homless

4. danielle
    May 6, 2014 at 10:29 am

Hi Mrs Joyce…..1. What’s has happened in this picture? i think there was alot of rain to make a flood and maybe the girl was the last one to survive

2. What do you see that makes you say that? i see water,the thick mud slide and broken building, something horrible has happend

3. What if that was you alone? How would you feel? Explain why you would feel this way? if i was alone i would feel scared,frightened and upset. i would feel this way because i might not see my family and friends again,as they may have passed away. from Danielle

5. holly
    May 7, 2014 at 3:43 am

Hi danielle
    I love the way that you have yoosed some really strong words
    like last one to suvive and I might not see my family againe.
    Great job.

6. Liam Hibbins 4j
    May 7, 2014 at 3:51 am

Mrs Joyce I hope you read this
    1. What’s has happened in this picture? Well I think that everyone in the village won’t play with the little girl so that means she’s lonely for friends.

2. What do you see that makes you say that? It makes me say that because in the picture everyone has their blinds closed to make the girl go home and the girl has a terry look on her face covering herself in her clothes.

3. what if that was you alone? How would you feel? Explain why you would feel this way? well for starters if that was me alone I would be crying myself to death because I would have no one to play with no one who respects me and no one who likes me.

Sincerely Liam

7. May 7, 2014 at 3:57 am

1.what has happened in the picture?I think what has happened in the picture is that a flood has ended and the girl was the only one to survive.

• Emily B
      May 8, 2014 at 10:52 am

I think you should put some more in there Charli because it is not a paragraph charli.

8. jen
    May 8, 2014 at 6:02 am

Mrs Joyce I hope you read this

9. Liddiard12
    May 8, 2014 at 6:10 am

I think the city is abended and fludeded because ther is water ther.ther is nobody ther. I would feller screed because I em aloe

10. Emmi:)
    May 8, 2014 at 6:24 am

Dear, Mrs . Joyce,
    1. I think that there has been a landslide.
    2. I think this because I can see that the houses that are still standing are very cracked and some. of them look like they might fall ,there is lots of mud , water and rocks.
    3. I would feel nervous and worried, I’d wonder where everyone was. If I was that girl I’d feel nervous and thinking what is going to happen next but I’d feel glad and refreshed to be out in the open to get away from the hustle ,bustle and worries.
    (been outside always helps).
    With hopes I win the chocolate challenge by Emmi:) .

11. James
    May 8, 2014 at 7:13 am

1.I think there was a landslide with a flood.

2.I think this because I see cracked houses and their is a lot of water with mud and rocks.

3.if I was that person I would feel sad because I am alone and I am the only one that lived the flood and the landslide.

12. Kane.W
    May 8, 2014 at 8:59 am

Dear Mrs Joyce,
    I hope you have a nice time on your day when your not at school Mrs Joyce.
    1.I think it was a landslide with a flood.
    2.Because there is a huge lake in the back ground.
    3.If i was that person I would feel devastated because lots of people died and their homes were wrecked.

13. Emily B
    May 8, 2014 at 10:47 am

1. There is a lady sitting on the edge of a Clift looking at some Clift’s and I don’ t know why she is looking at that I think that she is looking at something that we can’ t see in the picture.

2. It makes me say that because I saw the girl on the Clift was looking at something that we can’ t see so that’s why I said that.

3. I would feel relaxed because I like the way that it is so quiet because I like reading my books in my own time.

14. ANDREW
    May 12, 2014 at 3:44 am

This Village Has been Reached BY OLD PEOPLE THAT wrecked the homes
    BECAUSE SOME OF THE HOMES ARE FALLING DOWN.
    I FEEL SAD BECAUSE I AM ALL ALONe IN THE DEAD Village WITH NOBODY TO PLAY WITH.

15. Regan
    May 12, 2014 at 3:47 am

1 I would be imaging being one of the people who was living in that house down below.

1 A beautiful f ous an the landscape below.

3 No because I’m always seeing the same landscape day by day.

If I was that person i’d have very little life
    so I’m sad for those people who do actually live there.

16. cara
    May 12, 2014 at 3:51 am

1. It fluded and got broken down.
    2. There’s lots of water, wet dirt and there’s some fo the buildings are broken
    3. I would feel terrifired, scared, frightened because there’s no one with me and I have no friends with me.

17. abbierose
    May 12, 2014 at 3:52 am

1.the girls family may ave died and she lost her house and know she is home less.
    2.she is by herself alone sitting with a blanket over her.
    3. sad and tearry beacuse I am alone and cold.

18. deegan4j
    May 12, 2014 at 3:58 am

There’s a girl and she must be the only one that survived maybe in a flood
    now she has no home, food or family.

19. jack
    May 14, 2014 at 10:28 am

the family could be dead and she survived the flood and she would be alone and no home and family.

20. Nick 4j
    May 28, 2014 at 12:06 am

Very well done touch down. It was very lonely

21. Aleisha
    May 16, 2017 at 6:01 am

What’s has happened in this picture th boy is alone
    What do you see that makes you say that he cold and poor

What if that was you alone he would be sad and cry How would you feel sad cry alone Explain why you would feel this way he poor homeless and sad