Look to Learn: Central African Republic

Observe – Wonder – Infer

1. What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here.
  2. What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions
  3. What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.

Prospectors work at the open-pit Djoubissi gold mine

One thought on “Homework Week 7 Term 2: Think Critically Look to Learn: Central African Republic #L2L #GlobalEd #thinking

1. Emmi
    April 30, 2014 at 4:54 am

Dear Global readers,
    1. I observe that the people are from a culture somewhere in central Africa from what you have written and the people’s skin colour. I also observe that the people at the top of the rock pyramid thingy are digging. I see that in some places it is carved as a giant stair case.

2. Destiny
    May 29, 2017 at 9:58 am

1. I observe that people are from a culture somewhere or central Africa from what i have seen from the skin.i also also observe that they are cutting rocks.In some places i can see some sort of staircase.I think they are building something or are making staircase down to like down to a waterfall or a deck because i have a feeling that theirs a deck or a waterfall.

3. Zach
    May 30, 2017 at 5:36 am

1.What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I observe a lot of people gathered in what looks to be an old quarry.
    ——————————————————————————-
    I observe two sand hills at the top (one behind the other).
    ——————————————————————————-
    I observe a lot of people that aren’t children anywhere. (adults).
    ——————————————————————————-
    2.What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I wonder what they’re doing.
    ——————————————————————————-
    Why are everyone adults in this picture?
    ——————————————————————————-
    Where do they live?
    ——————————————————————————-
    3.What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1.I think they are trying to make a desert into a peaceful grassland with beautiful trees.
    I think they are gathering around the desert (maybe) to change the desert into a grassland and where people can live (like making a town).
    ——————————————————————————-
    2.What might happen next is probably going to be bad. like, if they cant do it or they need more help.
    ——————————————————————————-
    3.The time of day is very cloudy so I think it might be bed time for us but just morning for them.
    ——————————————————————————-

4. georgia
    May 30, 2017 at 9:12 am

I wonder if they are climbing.
    I observe they going to make something.
    I infer people go than sometimes.

5. lachlan
    May 30, 2017 at 9:46 pm

1.I wonder if they are bilding a house on the clef because their is a tool box.
    2.I can see people going down the clef to biuld a house.
    3.I infer that some one is going to get hert by falling off the clef.

6. Thon
    May 31, 2017 at 7:10 am

I observe lots of people bunched up together.
    I observe people walking down from the cliff.
    I observe some people have bags on their backs.

I wonder if it is a African culture?
    I wonder how many people are there?
    I wonder where they are going?

I think they are going to school because most of the people have bags on their backs.
    I think there are about over 1000 people there because there is lots of people.
    I think they are really going to hurt them selves because they are so high up on the cliff.

7. Sarah
    May 31, 2017 at 9:31 am

I see people crowding up their gathering

I wonder if their are trying to billed a piramered or something alse. Why are they gathering?

What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture.I think that they are making something to get faster to get water at the lake so they can’t slip on the slippery dirty rocks.

8. June 1, 2017 at 8:09 am

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence. Do not make an inference here. Its look like a desert.

What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? Ask questions. They look like they are digging for warter or diamonds.

What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture? What might happen next? What time of the day is it? Look beyond the picture. I think its the afternoon and i think they found gold

9. aleisha
    June 2, 2017 at 2:08 am

What do you observe in the picture? (What do you see) – Describe with evidence a live of stears cas Do not make an inference here.
    2.What do you wonder is happening in the image? What are the people doing? i thing they are at school and what they are doing? Ask questions
    3.What inferences can you make about what you can see in the picture i thing they looking for GOLD What might happen next? l thingthey are going to bither thing What time of the day is it DAY LIGHT Look beyond the picture