The Innocent Faces Of Humanity

Fatherhood in the ruins. Beautiful picture by photographer Emad Nassar showing that, despite the devastation around him, this Palestinian father can still make bathtime fun for his daughter and niece.

1. What does this picture tell you about this family?
  2. What if this was your family?
  3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
  4. Write a short paragraph describing the picture. Write from the first person as if you were one of the people.

bath

One thought on “Homework: The Innocent Faces Of Humanity #globaled #globalclassrooms #education #learning

1. Yewande
    July 27, 2016 at 3:37 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family?
    That there are happy even if war is happening

2. What if this was your family?
    I would feel scared if I was in there shoes it’s scary

3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    There is no one there and no war is napping now

• Yewande
      July 28, 2016 at 8:55 am

woops I mean happening 🙂

2. Nanjera
    July 27, 2016 at 3:49 am

What does this picture tell you about this family?
    They have gone through a lot but they are still a very happy family. And they are still great full that they have each other.

What if this was your family?
    I would be so great full that I still have my lovely family
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look Ativan?
    I think yes. Because they look like they are having so much fun and even though the background looks so horrible just don’t focus on that part.
    Nanjera

3. Sarah
    July 27, 2016 at 3:52 am

1.What does this picture tell you about this family?
    It tells me that their place has got destroyed and they are happy because their Barth are steal their.
    2.What if this was your family?
    I will feel sad because the place is very destroyed and no food to eat in the destroyed house.

4. Tyson
    July 27, 2016 at 3:55 am

What does this picture tell you about this family?

They might of just experienced a minor earthquake, war, terrorist attack because by the look of the damage and the remains (nearly 0% remain) it looks very minor enough to of being those 3 things. The reasoning for that is because I have seen very things like this on the internet before with the same damage.

What if this was your family?
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?

5. Ayuen
    July 27, 2016 at 3:55 am

What does this picture tell you about this family?
    That there happy no matter what happens.
    What if this was your family?
    I wouldn’t like it because it very different to my life now so I wouldn’t handle it.
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look at? It’s peaceful to look at because they are having such a good time and there smiling.

6. makiala :) (:
    July 27, 2016 at 6:06 am

What does this picture tell you about this family?
    that they have so many things going on that they are still going to be happy forever!

What if this was your family?
    If this was my family i would be happy no matter what happens to us!

Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    it is so peaceful to look at because it reminds me of when i was a little kid when i was in the bath with my little brother Camden!

• makiala:)#awesome;)
      July 28, 2016 at 7:23 am

Dear Mrs Joyce,
      we have 146,099 hits on the blog at 5:20 exactly.

from Makiala 🙂 (;

7. Olivia
    July 27, 2016 at 11:08 am

What does this picture tell you about this family? They are live ing in a distorted place but they are still happy because they have each other.

What if this was your family? I Would be sad and scared but still happy because I am alive

Why is this picture so peaceful to look at? Because It’s a nice family.

8. Tyrone
    July 27, 2016 at 10:20 pm

What does this picture tell you about this family?
    This family is very strong, to survive a horrible incident and still have time for a bath.

What if this was your family?
    If this was my family I would be so proud of hat we survived and we still managed to have family time

Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    It so peacefully to look at because I think it means that what ever happens family must stick togethe.

9. sarah
    July 28, 2016 at 5:29 am

1.What does this picture tell you about this family?
    that they are happy because they have their bath steal.

10. Lavender-May
    July 28, 2016 at 7:44 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family?
    This Picture tells me that, this family lives in a wrecked house but that still look happy because they have each other,
    2. What if this was your family?
    If this was my family I would be happy that at least be had each other and I would spend as much time as possible.
    3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    This picture is so peaceful to look at because that all have a big smile on their face and look like they are having s great time with each other.

11. Lavender-May
    July 28, 2016 at 8:11 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family?
    This picture tells me that this family have been through a lot like their house getting ruined, along with the buildings around them and having rocks everywhere but they still make their bath time fun.
    2. What if this was your family?
    If this was my family I would feel happy because we would have each other and if this was my family I would spend as much time with them as possible.
    3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    This picture looks peaceful because there are three people that have big smiles on there faces and look like they are having fun and making the best out of a bad situation.

12. Aleisha
    June 19, 2017 at 5:46 am

What does this picture tell you about this family I would be sad and poor homeless
    What if this was your family l would be asking for a better home
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look at because no one is around

13. Destiny
    June 19, 2017 at 5:52 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family? this picture tells me that this family has a ruined home and are stressed on their house. The picture tells us that people who get their house ruined still get bath time fun.

2. What if this was your family?
    If this was my family I would still have bath time fun and I would still have rocks around me but I still would be happy.

3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    Because when you look at the picture you can see that the children are having a great time in the bath tub.

14. Zach
    June 19, 2017 at 7:03 am

1.What does this picture tell you about this family?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    The picture tells me how happy they’re even though their city is destroyed and all broken by something.
    ———————————————————————–
    And it tells me how much fun they’re having in a bath together and how much they want to stay there for.
    ———————————————————————–
    It tells me how much they love their place and how much fun they’re having. And it is so peaceful there after how much destruction they’ve gone through.
    ————————————————————————
    2.What if this was your family?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    If this was my family I would try to protect my family because I don’t want them to end up dying in a lot of destruction my family and I have been having and I don’t want them to leave me.
    ————————————————————————
    3.Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    This picture is so peaceful to look at because they’re having so much fun together even though their city is destroyed and they’re the only one’s in there city.
    ————————————————————————-
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I am with my daughters and they’re having so much fun how I put them in the bath like that. They get in the bath when they get dirty and this mostly happens each day.
    We live in the wrecked building where the bath is located. Our house use to beautiful until a lot of tanks came and destroyed the city. We got the water from the sad precious rain that dripped from the sky and why I say precious? well that was the first time it rained in our city because we live in a desert and I don’t even know why it came.

15. Hayley
    June 19, 2017 at 7:49 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family?
    This picture tells us that the family are probably homeless and all they have left is their bathtub.
    2. What if this was your family?
    I think that if this were my family, I would like it because I would be alone with my sister and dad having a Fun bath. It would be so peaceful.

3. Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    This picture is peaceful to look at because it is a family together and are alone and can have fun with his daughter and niece despite the gloomy wreckings of his house around him.
    Wow! Even though my house is wrecked, I can still have a fun bath time. Dad’s here, my sister’s here and I’m having a great time! I can see all the wrecking of our house, but when I get sad, I just can’t stay sad, because I’m just having such a fun bath!

16. georgia
    June 20, 2017 at 7:43 am

1.The two girls are have a bath together.
    2. It is a old house and the bath is old too.
    3. I think they was a war they.
    4. The house’s are to old.

17. Thon
    June 20, 2017 at 8:16 am

What I think about this family is that there is two people in a bath with there dad in a broke down house. If this is my family I would be happy because I don’t care if I am in a broke down house I will just be happy enough to have a dad and a bath tub. This picture is so peaceful to look at because it just gives you a screenshot of if it was you and your brother or sister in your bath tub with your dad and in a broke down house.

OH my god my house is broke down but me and my brother are really being very happy about the bath time with our dad it is so fun I wish I could have this everyday this is the coolest thing I could have a bath with a broke down house.

18. June 21, 2017 at 8:08 am

What does this picture tell you about this family? they are happy
    What if this was your family? I think I hope I was happy like them
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look at? Theres no people
    Write a short paragraph describing the picture. Write from the first person as if you were one of the people. if I was one of the little girls; so much broken stuff around me but I having fun with my family I feel happy:)

19. lachlan
    June 22, 2017 at 9:52 am

1. What does this picture tell you about this family? That the kids are having fun in the bathtub with their dad.
    2.What if this was your family? I would be scared because I am in war.
    3.Why is this picture so peaceful to look at? Its so peaceful because the kids are having fun in the barthtub.
    4.Write a short paragraph describing the picture. Write from the first person as if you were one of the people. If I was the person I would be scared of the war that is happening outside but it’s still fun when it’s barth time with my dad.

20. Sam
    June 22, 2017 at 11:05 am

1. The kids are having fun in the bath
    2.I would be terrified because all around me is broken
    3. the picture is so peaceful to look at because the family is having fun
    4.It is peaceful and everyone is having fun the kids are having a bath every ones having fun

21. Sarah
    June 22, 2017 at 11:56 am

1.What does this picture tell you about this family?
    This pichture tells me abuot that this family is happy because their Barth tube is steal their.

2.What if this was your family?
    Why is this picture so peaceful to look at?
    If this was my family I would feel sad because there is no food to eat.
    This picture is peaceful to look at because their having fun because their Barth tube is their and their are clean every day.